Thursday, July 21, 2022

Maybe Not my Weekend Yet, Sad News

 

The Ridge

On Thursday, July 21st, I slipped out of bed at 6:30, leaving Gibbs and Bill to go back to sleep. Gibbs followed me downstairs though to see what I was up to. 😊 Bill was told yesterday that he wasn’t needed today, since the gazebo was done as far as they could go. A day off! Too bad it was raining when we woke up so he couldn’t go flying but he’d enjoy relaxing anyway.

So, last night, this is what happened
when we lost our satellite connection
because of the storm
It didn't last long

The day started out warm, 18C/65F, but not as warm as it has been. We had rains overnight and I’m sure things got a really nice saturation from when it started last evening. That makes me happy. Although a bit cooler, it is expected to reach 29C/84F before the end of the day with a humidex of 33C/92F. It felt quite nice when I drove into the Mat but as always, very hot indoors.

Another one from last night

I didn’t need to do as much today, but wiped the machines and counter tops down before slipping out half hour later. I sat with my boys, who were up by then, until I had to leave again for my shift at M’s. Cleaning this ‘apartment’ is taking up the hours I put in but hopefully next week, it will be ready to show and I’ll be back to the cars/trucks. 😊

A sunset after the storm
indicating today's lovely day

Today, I washed the cement floors (it is by no means a fancy space) and began painting in the kitchen. I’ve tried to convince M that he shouldn’t be putting an indoor/outdoor carpet down in the kitchen and after painting it with a first coat of white, I might have him leaning to my side of thinking. Carpets do not belong in the kitchen but a runner between the sink/cupboards and the fridge and table would work.

Bill drove over to the neighbours to the 
east to see what the noise was all about

they are working at clearing a section
to and along their side of the pond
It's coming along nicely!

M did ask if I could work tomorrow after all so I texted Bill right away and informed him of the change. We're not sure yet if he is or not. When I left, I was over-heated, and the outdoor air was quite nice. The winds were a blessing today. Bill said he had been over visiting our newest neighbours this morning so we went back for a chit chat. Back at home, we had a bite to eat and got lazy again for the afternoon. We each had some online ‘stuff’ to do but then the rest of the day was just chillin’.

See the Suite up there on the hill?

We lost our hydro/electric power at one point that lasted about an hour and what hurt us most was losing our a/c! Yes, we sure noticed then how hot and humid it was outside. 😊 Thankfully, it didn’t last. I went out with Gibbs at one point and put the puzzle away and initialed the box. It’s what my siblings and I do when we finish one. Probably because we’re so forgetful, we won’t remember if we’ve done it!

Someone was kapooped!
I'm not sure why!

For supper, we had leftover hamburger gravy, a few fried potatoes and a vegetable of our choice. Mine was spaghetti squash, Bill’s was mixed veggies. For dessert, we had rhubarb pie with a bit of cream dabbled on mine. We loaded the dishwasher and the rest of the evening was quiet. I did finish Midwives today and it was a surprise ending right up to the last 5 pages. 😊 I like those stories.

Supper was delicious

The sun was out in full ‘hot’ force and we reached a high of 28C/81F before the sun started dropping. I wasn’t in picture taking mode today so Bill sent me some that he’d taken at the neighbours this morning. Gibbs enjoyed the outdoors as often as he went out and didn’t take too much encouragement to come back into the cool air. He feels it too which reminds me to make an appointment for a groom.

A beautiful memory from July 21st, 2019

Another great day on the books! In the title, I mentioned sad news. Bill and I heard on Tuesday night that Jamie, my boss at the Mat, lost his Dad. That's just 6 months after his Mom passed. That's tough. πŸ’”

Mom had a smile that lit up the room
and our heartsπŸ’—πŸ’—
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around. Comments are always welcome if you care to take the time.

5 comments:

  1. Heat really seems to build up when the power goes out. We had that happen a little bit ago and that day we reached a feels like 42C not at all comfortable.

    I always wondered what hamburger gravy was. Now I know.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Hot Day.
    I extend my deepest Condolences to Jamie.
    I understand his feelings after loosing both Parents Six Weeks apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Jamie's Dad. I'm surprised you don't have a generator backup. Got into the 90s here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for Jamie and his family.
    I know your heat pain, but at least I don't have the humidity. I've noticed the heat curtails Cooper quite a bit. I love your Mom's smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathies to Jamie and his family.
    Glad you got some rain. What do the new neighbours plan to do beside the pond?

    ReplyDelete