Monday, July 25, 2022

Only One Job Today, Guests Leave, Cleanup

The Ridge

On Monday, July 25th Bill was up getting ready for work at 6. I was happy to be able to roll over for a little while longer. Gibbs returned and cuddled up on Bill’s side of the bed, keeping a bit of an eye on his goings-on. He and I got up before 7 and I left the Suite soon after for town.

Baptist Church Road
Lush and green

The 'little' imps were at it again
at the Mat

Bill thought he’d be working in Durham today but he texted me at 7:30 and he was going to Hanover instead. I picked up some milk at Foodland and drove back to the Ridge. Duncan and Patty were getting ready to leave and so I made my tea and Gibbs sat out and watched. 😊 They didn’t mind. 

Gibbs is so funny
The treat Bill gave him wasn't eaten
by the time I'd returned
He tried to hide it under this stair mat
(ignore the dust, pls)

The weather was certainly a change from what we’ve been having and, in a way, it was a welcome change. I wouldn’t want it to be like this from now on, but a nice relief all the same.


Sitting outside watching and chatting
with D & P

All set to leave

Bye guys! See you soon!

They pulled out after hugs all around at 9:30, right on schedule. I’m happy to see they’re enjoying their Airstream and new truck. I love to see Happy Campers! We’ll see them again very soon. Yay! With my one job done for the day, the remainder of my Monday was free and clear to do what I want. First off, I played my Wordle games, made my tea and cut myself an apple with yogourt for breakfast.


I made some progress
and emptied some hangers

Upstairs, Gibbs laid on the bed and watched me purge my closet and drawers of clothes. I’ve been feeling that I have way too many long sleeve tees now, they were bought the year we were winter-stayed here, and pants/jeans. I was pleased with what I removed and bagged up but now that I think of it, I forgot one drawer of summer tops. Woops! I’ll do that tomorrow afternoon. 😊

My supper for lunch

I made a coffee at 11:30 and decided to reheat my liver and onions meal from Friday night. It was very good and hit the spot. I debated sitting at my laptop to start writing my Blurb book but wasn’t in the frame of mind and the day was a perfect one, albeit cloudy, to be outside doing some work. There were tree branches that needed trimming over the outhouse, (they scratch the roof and also block the sun from the solar panel), as well as some with dead branches.

The cornflowers are popping

Pop!

I didn’t realize it would be such a big job but it felt great to get at it and I soon had my jacket off. The clouds cleared away for the most part and the sun was nice. I gathered the branches and vine (which takes over the trees every summer) into a couple of piles until I was done. Bill texted that he’d be taking Mike’s trailer to the Acreage for him so I didn’t expect him too soon.

Even the flowers are confused with this weather
They are starting to bloom all over again!

I thought my Evening Primrose were done
but this little fellow is blooming

He was home around 4:30 and we cleaned up the piles together and tossed them into the brush pile. It’s a good thing it slowly sinks down and basically ‘mulches’ itself to make room for more. Gibbs and I had taken a walk a couple of times today, couldn’t neglect our good little boy! Duncan and Patty are impressed that he doesn’t make a sound when we’re gone but he sure knows when our vehicles turn into the lane!

The solar light for our Bunky has not been getting
enough sun to charge the battery
Time to trim!

What I thought might be a small job,
turned into 3 hours of clipping

At 5, I made my afternoon tea, done work for the day and Bill and Gibbs had a snooze together in his chair. Supper wasn’t on the healthy side of the menu but it was a fall-back option for us. We had chicken nuggets/balls and vegetables on the side. Oh! I forgot that before I worked outside, I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and they turned out awesome! Bill and I both had one to taste. Thumbs up! 😊

Both of my boys were kapooped today

A tasty supper

We spent the evening together, all 3 of us, and have the first day of the week behind us already. Can you believe that this is the last week in July? The days are zipping by. Bill informed me today that in 89 days, we’ll be headed south!

There is a bush that grows here and I needed to cut it back
Right back

My hostas bloomed on the weekend,
without my even noticing

The trees that had dead branches from last
spring's cold snap, got a grooming.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit. You can come back anytime too!

4 comments:

  1. Good day Patsy, Bill & Gibbs,
    It's so satisfying to see all your hard work at gardening, is paying you with all the
    beautiful flowers to look at & admire. Love the cone flowers, great pic.
    We are locked into a heat week & today is suppose to be the hottest.
    The A/C is going to be working overtime. Well I'd better get a move on, while it's
    still the cool of the morning & get my chores done.
    You three have a wonderful day, & take care, Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a CLOSET!! You are so good at organization. I need to take lessons. It's funny how Gibbs wants to lay on you to sleep. Cooper would never do that. And hiding the treats! Too funny!! Your entire area is beautiful with flowers blooming and green grass! I can see why you love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at the size of your closet. Your Suite is truly sweet!
    Nice work in the yard. One of my hostas are just about ready to bloom. The others show no signs yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely flowers you have.
    I am trying things on, wearing them and deciding if I want to keep them. Today I put on a sleeveless tank and went nope don't like that will be going in the donation box/bag.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete