Thursday, July 14, 2022

The End of My Work Week, Kind of

The Ridge 

On Thursday, July 14th I woke when I heard Bill and Gibbs getting up. I knew it would be an earlier start for Bill again so tried not to drop off into too deep a sleep so I could say goodbye. By 6:30, I knew it was close to his leaving so we got up. I decided to strip the bed today, the sheets were using right now are very soft and comfy but they do not fit the bed well. Deep pocket sheets do not correspond to RV mattresses as they do to a household mattress. I speak from experience.

As I was sitting writing last night's post
I noticed this light in the neighbour's shanty
It's a reflection of the sun going down

However, Bill came up and helped to make the bed and I forgot about doing that. Until later. After he left for work at 6:45, Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was a beautiful morning again and we walked down to the church, around the lot and back home again. I kept him on a short leash the whole way instead of letting him run into the wet ditch grass and he did really well. He got a treat when we got home for being good and responding to the foot wiping process. 1, 2, 3 & 4.

So even though I missed the actual
sunset, I caught the pink sky

Other than Clemson, our former cockapoo, I’ve never known another dog to do it. Bill taught them both and it makes me so proud when they lift their feet accordingly. I had some cereal with my tea and we sat for a couple of hours before I had to leave. It was actually nice being up so early, it gave me extra time with the pooch and to read before work. I left at 9:30 and worked outside on the ’91 Chev this time.

I am no good at moon pictures and wasn't aware
this one was happening tonight
From our Suite window, popping out behind
the dead tree in the field is the
Buck Moon

I was quite happy to putter away, sanding and taping around the window trim. We didn’t bother with the Service Ontario business today, good!, leaving that for another day. I’ve picked up a couple of tips from Bill so will see if they help on Monday. M asked if I could work an hour and a half tomorrow, just long enough to spray paint the black aluminum around the back window but I declined. Very adamantly actually. 😊

A low lying mist over the pond this morning

I’m not afraid to say that I am NO good at spray painting, let alone on something so important. He said I’d learn from practice but no……..I’m not interested. The area is too small and I’d have more cleanup from doing it than should be necessary. He got a laugh out of it but accepted my reply. I had to go into Durham this afternoon for milk and bread so told him I’d pick up the paint at H.H. for him and drop it off. Which I did, after I got cleaned up and had my veggie plate for lunch.

We got to the end of our lane,
Gibbs started barking at the hay bale
He had to keep looking behind us to make
sure it was following us 💓

See you Monday, he said. 😊 Hopefully, it will be painted when I return. So, my weekend has begun although I do have to clean in the morning. I’m taking the sheets in for a wash so better get that bed stripped! Gibbs and I spent the rest of the day together and briefly clouds covered the sky but soon cleared out again. We aren’t expecting any more rain until Saturday evening so I was surprised to see the clouds.

He makes a much nicer shadow
than I do!

I had some of the Girls Night Out wine left from July 1st so poured some in a glass with some orange juice. I needed to dilute it so it didn’t hit me too hard. When I’m tired, an alcoholic drink can put me under the table, but I don’t want it wasted either. There’s likely one glass left for tomorrow. Bill was home by 4:30 and for supper, we had toasted bacon, cheese and tomato sandwiches with caesar salad. We talked about his day, my day and what is on for tomorrow.

A country scene for you
What a beautiful sky!

This has been a great day. After supper, I finally got the bed sheets changed – with Gibbs’ help. He rolled around under the duvet cover and the sheets as I tossed them off the bed. He’s a BIG help as you can imagine. I laughed at his antics.

Our simple delicious supper
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around

9 comments:

  1. A lovely day, and I do like the picture of the moon peaking out from behind the tree.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think M values your workmanship. Before long you'd be his right hand ;-) The hay bale must have been threatening at a distance for Gibbs. Just look at his tail! I bet the bedsheets on the floor were too tempting to play with or just inviting to curl up in. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These work well for your oversized pockets. I used them on our bed when we had the RV. I still used them at home on our guest beds but for the other reason, pockets not deep enough for those beds....LOL https://www.amazon.ca/Bed-Sheet-Holders-Straps-Fasteners/dp/B07Q5RMVMG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3JWCSARTNU81A&keywords=bed+clips&qid=1657847453&sprefix=bed+clips%2Caps%2C113&sr=8-5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you ... I'm terrible a saying NO. That doesn't sound like that much fun anyway!!! It's funny how our critters notice something different. Just being good watch pups!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked like a nice day to be out.
    Always good knowing your limitations and speaking up about them especially on things that show.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your day off.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shot of the sun on the pond!
    Good for you standing for yourself with M. I used spray paint for the first time on an old mailbox but I didn't care if there were a few drips. I doubt the owner of the truck would feel the same way.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I haven't been commenting; Google wouldn't let me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for saying no. When we painted the wood stove in the new kitchen Ken wanted me to do it..but I said no..I just don't think I'd be very good at spray painting, especially someone else's truck! Dinner looks yummy! Perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete