Sunday, July 10, 2022

Up in the Air Day

The Ridge

On Saturday, July 9th, Bill had the plans, not me. He knew he was going flying IF the winds were calm first thing. They were pretty good between 8 – 10 mph so he prepared the cargo trailer. Meanwhile, the clothes were sorted and at 7:15, I drove to the Mat. That was my only plan for the day, laundry, the rest was up in the air. The laundromat didn’t need too much of a wiped own/cleanup but I always touch on every machine anyway.

No morning pictures today, but when I
returned from town with Donna at 12:30,
the boys were busy

It's a shame they don't last longer
and if it was just rusty, we'd still use it
The sides, top and door are falling apart

With it clean and our two loads washed, I drove home to find Bill gone. I knew he would be following me out the lane within half hour. I hung the clothes while Gibbs ran back and forth, exploring up on the berm. He didn't stray far and came back when I admonished him. I had my cereal and sat with Gibbs to play my online games and now my new Jigsaw puzzle. So far, they are very easy and small so don’t take more than 5 minutes. After working on the puzzle in the Bunky for at least 3 weeks (!) I’m glad to finish one. 😉

A spin on Jazz this afternoon

I chatted by text with Donna, who is at the Acreage, about going into town to see the Vendors Market and Book Store. She’d never been to the market so I picked her up before 11. Some days, I get real melancholy about the time spent with family. There are too many unknowns in life and our health can be a mystery too, making me think that we should be spending more time with our loved ones while we can. That said, I was glad she was up for some ‘sister’ time at the drop of a hat.


Paved country roads are the best!
we often have the road to ourselves on these

We were in the Market for a long time, she loved it, as I knew she would. We went to the Book Store on Main St. and she found a couple of books she’d been looking for there. That is always a bonus. Oh, Cathy! Your friend asked me to say hello to both you and Bill. 😊 Such a nice lady. After dropping Donna back at the Acreage, I returned to the Ridge to find Bill on the patio with Gibbs. ‘They’ were putting our new fire pit together.

These yellow fields are eye-catchers
this might be mustard, seems late for Canola

It was time to put the old one to rest. They sure don’t last long, not made the way they used to be. Ours was only a few years old and even with new screens a couple of years ago, it was falling apart. We don’t have a lot of fires unless we have company and then it is something we start every evening so we can spend more time visiting with friends. The evenings here are warmer than they are down in Arizona during the winter so we never choose to sit out after supper there.

On our way back into Durham, after noticing
over 20 bikes at the Legion, we met many of them leaving
town. Not sure what was going on but it is always nice
to meet fellow bikers on the road.

Bill suggested we take Jazz for a run so had a nice drive to Hanover’s Canadian Tire for a wiper blade for Ptooties back window and I needed a new pair of work gloves. Bill always finds a nice route other than the normal ones and that makes for an interesting ride. We had cheeseburgers with Caesar salad for supper and I was stuffed for some reason. Oh, it could have been the blended beer margarita I had this afternoon! 😊

Yum, easy supper
We skipped the bacon tonight 😋

We’d been invited to the Acreage for a campfire and decided to leave Gibbs at home. He didn’t like that decision and whined up a storm when we left. My niece and her husband would be there with their two young grandsons so we thought it best. 

When my daughter texted from an outside
concert near London, we sent her a selfie
I am not good at these but I got the most important
people even if I didn't make it in the photo! 😂

He would have to be on the leash and excitement and a rope don’t go well together at the best of times. He’ll get over it, we said. 😊 He did and welcomed us with open licks at 10:30.

Gerry found the boys a fishing pole so they
were quite happy even though all
they caught in a net was a frog!

It was a good day of just doing what we like, basically. The clothes dried pretty quickly and have been folded and put away for another week. I hope you are having a great weekend too! I would have been published by 8 am but....oh, that's a story for Sunday's post. 💗

I wasn't going to include this blurred photo
but it's so Gerry. Going back to their trailer
on his 3-wheeler to get bread for fish fodder
Braxton enjoyed the bumpy ride
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

9 comments:

  1. A steel drum from a washer or dryer makes a great burner. I miss my family something awful. Haven't seen them in 3+ years, even though they only live in Peterborough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have one of those drums and they are great. We wanted something more contained for the sparks. That's sad about your family, we just need to make the time in most cases.

      Delete

  2. Hello,
    Could you please add my blog CatsDogs on your blog list.
    I've added yours on mine.
    Thank you
    https://pets876.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy Day. Glad you had an Enjoyable Day.
    In Asia Gerry's three wheeler would be referred to as a Tuk-Tuk.
    Stay Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the inside of one of our old washers with bricks around it. The drum is getting a bit rusty now but we have had this one for probably 14 years or more. Washer drums are really hard to find for this reason.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. We started out with one of those, Bill uses it down by the Hangar but we want one that contains the sparks up here. :)

      Delete