Thursday, July 7, 2022

Ending the Work Week for Me

The Ridge

Thursday, July 7th started out like a pretty nice day. The sun was out in the clear blue sky and the temperature was quite pleasant. I didn’t even pay attention to what the thermometer read. 😊 Bill had been up since 6, thanks to Gibbs, and I got up just before 7. Bill was working in Durham today so he didn’t have to leave until closer to 8. I took Gibbs for a walk down the road a bit and then left for town at 7:15.

The laneway is filling in,
making it difficult to see our Suite from the road
That is a good thing!

Haven't had pond pictures for a while

The Mat was pretty clean so I tackled the big dryers for lint. There are only 3 now, one of those isn’t working, instead of the original 9, and they really needed to be emptied. It was a hidden bonus too as I found $1.35 waiting for me. I did a quick wipe down of all the washers and a final sweeping before I left. From there, I went to The Water Store to fill our bottle.

It's crazy how this entrance to the pond
is no longer accessible
Not that we used it but....

Town is never busy at that time of the morning and it’s nice to be able to zip here and there quickly. I was home by 8:30. I was going to drive around where Bill was working but decided just to get home to Gibbs. I had my cereal and cup of tea before I dressed for the dirty job. 😊 I wear the same jeans and t-shirt as I don’t see the point in dirtying any more than that in a week. M wasn’t there when I arrived but another friend/worker was so I set to work on the Sierra again.

Another moon flower
and it looks like 2 more to come

I’m switching between the two pick up trucks because we are waiting for a windshield and paint for the ’91 Chev. So far, this one is just getting the cab sanded and repainted. There are a couple of rust spots/holes at the rocker panels that M will be fixing but it shouldn’t take too long to get it done and ready for pick up. At 11, we hopped in his old Ford and drove down the road to pick up a load of skids from Alex across from the gravel pit. I left at 12:30 and by then, the day was certainly warming up. Oh, it could be all the slugging that did that!

Lunch was an omelette

Clouds moved in and out all day but by the end of the afternoon, the sun was once again in full control. I showered, had lunch and then let Gibbs run free outside while I watered the garden and my plants. Bill had replaced the end of the hose for me, it was leaking like crazy, so the job was so much easier! I didn’t finish soaking wet for a change. Yes, the water pumping up from the pond is still working like a charm and I’m forever grateful. 😊

I had to look close to see this little pepper

But not so close to see the 3 little tomatoes

Other than Gibbs disappearing for about 5 minutes, not coming when I called him, it was a great afternoon. When my relaxed from being in my throat for those few frantic moments, he was put on his rope tether and not released for the rest of the day except into the safety of the Suite. I went out to the Bunky to work on the craziness of the puzzle and left him indoors. I needed to calm myself, he really had me worried. He has been so good and it is possible that I was just looking in the wrong area but he still didn’t come to me when I called.

When Bill and I stretched out in our recliners,
Gibbs made sure that he was touching
both of us for his nap 💓

Bill got home early again, around 3, so that was really nice for him. He went to the Hangar/cargo trailer to finish a couple of projects he’s been working on and Gibbs and I sat outside where I finished my book. I really found this book to be interesting, I’ve not read a story quite like it before. Do I recommend it? Yes, I do. The title again is The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. It took me longer to read than most only because of my crazy work schedule.

Supper

We had poached eggs on toast with mini sausages. I’m running out of meal ideas so since I don’t have to work tomorrow (Yay!) I will be going shopping. The freezer contents are looking pretty sad. After loading the dishwasher and cleaning up the pans, Bill went back out to his projects. The sun is still lovely and it is a warm 23F/72F at 7:30. We are having some beautiful summer days right now and the two days of rain have done wonders for my garden. 😊

A peek through the awnings

Our little imp is tired out and I'm not
surprised

This was another pleasant day and it is the end of our work week. Hopefully, Bill’s day tomorrow will be short again but he won’t know until het gets there.

To Melynda,
This was my first online jigsaw
You're right, we finish in a day! 😆
Good night

Thank you for your visit!

4 comments:

  1. Good day Patsy, Bill & Gibbs,
    Your plants look good, I always get soooo excited when the first little pepper or tomato
    forms itself. Let alone when it gets plucked in all it's beauty for a taste test.
    I know of what you speak, when you panic a little, when our children don't heed our
    beckonings. Little bums, freaking us out like that, ha, ha.
    Hope you enjoyed the puzzle site, I sure do. The mystery puzzle on Fridays is always a
    challenge because they don't show you the entire puzzle picture, only a small section of it.
    Well, have another great day on the Ridge.
    Take care, Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little BUM!!! It's probably not the first time he's disappeared and won't be the last. I know the panic!!! It seems they never grow up. Your garden is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that your garden is coming along with your comfortable temperatures.
    Glad you are both having shorter work days.
    I personally remember when a pet then a child disappeared for extended periods.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your weekend.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is coming along wonderfully. Love the pepper.

    We have been having lots of wind and rain as well as humidity.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete