Monday, July 18, 2022

Back in Motion

The Ridge

On Monday, July 18th I was awake early too, and I don’t understand why. It was 4:45 when I looked at the ceiling reflection of our clock. Good grief! Gibbs moved at 5:45 and plopped himself across Bill’s neck. Bill said, “It’s not time, go back to sleep for a few minutes”. So, Gibbs without further ado moved to the bottom of the bed, between us and did just that.

Before we get to today's pictures
After I posted last night,
The sky performed for us


Beautiful, huh?

Bill only had to go down the road to the Acreage, since it wasn’t raining so he took Black Beauty. I enjoyed sitting with Gibbs for a couple of hours before I had to go to work myself. It was a pretty easy day with a couple of errands for M taking up a couple of hours. I did some sanding on the Datsun so my gloves ended up covered in red dust before I left. At 12:30 I headed home and boy was it humid!

this seems to happen a lot
I often see a bird sitting on these bales

The temperature reached 27C/81F and I was glad that I only worked in the morning. I thought about Bill and the boys working at the Acreage, outside in that heat and hoped they were hydrating enough. Can’t tell most men that, especially not any I know! 😉 

When we walked to get the mail,
Gibbs headed down the road

I had a simple lunch, not feeling too hungry, but crackers and cheese seemed to fill the gap. Then I had my shower before Gibbs and I walked down to get the recycle bins and check mail.

I couldn't believe this car beside me
at the Ultramar station
I don't think I could fix this one up!

My order from Atlas for Men (& Women) was stuffed in the mailbox so I was happy to see my replacement items. I’d returned a pair of capris a week or so ago.  

The fuel prices are looking better

Gibbs wanted to stay out so we moved over to the Bunky, him on his rope, and I concentrated on the puzzle. I didn’t have it finished when we heard Bill coming up the lane and I let him inside with Gibbs. The little guy was keeping cook in the shade and the breeze but it was much nicer in the Suite with the a/c running.


Leaving Durham, I followed this travel trailer
It made me realize just how big our Suite tires are
I feel much safer than if we had these little things!

For supper, we had ‘Mom’s’ hamburger gravy with potatoes, corn for Bill and spinach for me. It was very good and although I probably didn’t need it, we had the last two pieces of cake. With the pots and pans done by hand, we loaded the dishwasher with the remaining dishes and let it run. I hope you’ve had a good day, I have!

Another tasty meal tonight
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in today.


15 comments:

  1. Most guys don't keep hydrated enough but we learn to slow down to compensate for it.
    Looked like someone had too many and now has to fix their mistake. Rots o Ruk.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. A high of 81. Writing from TX, and realizing how our experiences are dependent on what we're used to. Around 100 everyday here for weeks. It's getting old. And that's probably related to my getting old too!!! Anyway, a high of 81 sounds like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patsy,
    in our household we call the meal you served...slumgullion, thanks for the memories,Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for a little rain!!! That car ... looks like someone didn't have insurance. Dinner looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how anyone could get into the driver's side of that patched up car, it doesn't seem to have a door handle. BTW I had missed your news that the laundromat job will continue for you. So congrats and I'm sure you were highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene.
      I watched the fellow get out of the car but left before he returned.

      Delete
  6. Gibbs is certainly a.good.dog. My cat, Saku doesn't take no for an answer when I want to sleep a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After days of extreme heat and humidity we got rain for most of the morning. Sun is shining now and the A/C came on a little while ago for the first time today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have a continuous warning about tornado's on our phones tonight.

    Looks like you had a lovely day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete