Saturday, July 16, 2022

Starting off with a Bustle

The Ridge

On Saturday, July 16th, I heard Bill get up with Gibbs for an ‘outing’. It’s getting earlier, it seems. They came back to bed, we went back to sleep. When next I opened my eyes, it wasn’t because Gibbs woke me. It was 8 o’clock! Bill was in the shower and the little pooch was still slumbering beside me. We had planned to be up and on the road to Guelph by 8:30.

First thing I started noticing was the diesel
prices around us were much higher
this is Fergus and they were worse in Kitchener

So, we bustled a bit, made morning drinks to-go and left Gibbs in charge. It was 8:45 when we pulled out of the lane. 😊 Not bad! It was a dual purpose trip today, Costco in Guelph and Flight Stop (a hobby store) in Kitchener. It was a lovely day, but hot so I chose to wear a summer dress and Bill switched from jeans to shorts before we left. Good call on both parts!

It was a good driving day
but a lot of traffic

The drive was uneventful although for the first time in a long time, both ways we had to pull over for emergency vehicles. Costco was fairly busy as it always is but we had a list and made pretty short work of gathering everything. Prices are indeed up on some things and we walked out after leaving a hefty deposit! I don't feel the need to waste time grumbling about it though, we needed the food and we paid the price. 😐

I thought I'd have a longer wait and was 
prepared for that

Practising a selfie

When we left there, Bill followed his directions to the hobby store mostly by memory and he was able to get in and out with the things he needed quicker than I thought. It was going to be 1:30 by the time we arrived home so we went to our standby, A & W, in Fergus for lunch. We each had our Uncle burger combos in a frosty mug of Root Beer. Aaah, it tasted good but I had to pour some in a to-go cup when I couldn’t drink it all that quickly.

Corn, higher than knee high on July 16th

We were home at 1:45 and Gibbs was happy to see us. He ran in and out as we unloaded groceries, greeting us the only way he knows how. By the time we had everything put away in the fridge and cupboards, we felt zonked. Between the heat, driving and shopping it had us both tired right out so we went upstairs for a snooze. Gibbs obliged, as if he didn’t get enough sleep! 😊 In half hour we were up but still felt draggy. Sometimes an afternoon doze makes us feel worse.

Nothing changes with this old stone house
but I wish someone would love it again

Bill went to the Hangar and his trailer and Gibbs and I went out to the Bunky. I’m enjoying the puzzle. Because we’d eaten a big meal at 12:30, neither of us felt hungry enough to cook anything for supper. We agreed to skip the meal and snack on chips and cheddar. That was all we needed and we haven’t had chips in a long time so enjoyed them.


Two burger days in a row
but who's counting? πŸ˜…

Another hot day under our belts, it reach ed 28C/82F by this afternoon with no rain until tomorrow afternoon. I watered the garden last night so it can wait one more day. We watched some tv and relaxed for the evening. This was a tiring but nice Saturday together.

For my commentors who
liked the puzzle picture I'm
doing
This is the name on it
Strand on the Green
It is very similar.

                                                        Good night y'all!

Thank you for stopping in.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you. Nothing tastes better than a nice burger and a frosty glass of root beer. Woohoo!!! And who's counting anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All kinds of Rain forecasted but most doesn't show up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the freedom.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete