Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Sky Opens – Finally

The Ridge

On Wednesday, July 20th, Gibbs and I went for our walk to the corner before Bill left for work. Another day at the Acreage and they are getting close to completion. At least as far as they can go for now. The weather has held off for them so Gerry will be happy. 😉 Since I was up early, before 7, I had a nice amount of time with Gibbs before I had to make my thermos of coffee and go as well.

As we reached the road, Gibbs saw the
cows and let them know of his authority 😃
For you, Loree!

The sky was trying to tell us something

It was a warm morning already, 22C/72F, but quite pleasant for walking. We’ve had the a/c on for a few days now and unlike what some of our friends in the south are having to deal with, our hydro/electric bills have been mercifully low. At least reasonable. When we stepped back in the Suite, I realized how hot outside it really felt, once the coolness hit me.

Teen cows


and a calf going back to see what they're doing

When I arrived at M’s at 9:30, his brother, J, was there helping him move the stackable laundry machine and fridge out so they could be cleaned behind. I worked in the bathroom, until it was ‘sparkling’ and then tape handles on the cupboards before painting. It was sure hot; the open windows didn’t help but the running fans did. I was happy to leave at 12:30 and coming home to find Bill home as well was a bonus. 😊

The rains came

They didn't last
and the sun returned

There it is, just as we expected

We stayed inside for the rest of the day, only tripping outside when Gibbs needed to go out. It darkened up around 4:30 but not until closer to 6 did the sky actually produce rain. Even then, it wasn’t a very strong or constant rainfall. There was thunder and when the sun peeked out of the black clouds, Bill and I both went to the back window of the Suite to look for a rainbow. There it was, in the east sky, a full one. No pot of gold that we could see though.

I didn't make the dough this time
I'd bought the Pilsbury pie crusts in a box

For supper, we had fish and chips, a different kind of fish filets than we’ve had. Orange Roughy was our only choice at Costco (we’ve ixnayed Tilapia, Basa and Cod for one reason or another) and it wasn’t bad at all. 

This afternoon, after relaxing for a bit, I made a rhubarb pie. It isn’t keto at all but that didn’t deter me/us from enjoying our pieces for dessert. Only ice cream could have made it better but I still don’t have any in the freezer.

when Bill reached up to get his
lunch cookies, someone came
running downstairs for his 
dessert too
We have P.B. puppy cookies.

After supper, Bill loaded the dishwasher and we washed the fry pan by hand. I was so happy that steady rain finally came around 7:30. The winds were quite strong today but have died down a bit tonight so I’m glad about that too. Lots of things to make me smile today! My plants of all kinds should also be grinning. This has been a really nice day. Work wasn’t difficult and I only have one more day this week, I think, to go to the shop.



By 8:15, the rain had stopped and the sun returned
I guess that's it for our natural watering. 💗


Good night!

Thank you for your visit! Yay rain!!

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Gotta love the rain!!! The look on Gibbs face .... he's sure intent on those cookies!!! LOVE the cattle pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were good and ready for the rain. ;) Gibbs does love his cookie treat. Of course, you would love the cattle too!♥

      Delete
  2. I agree gotta love the rain while you can get! Funny how Gibbs knows his treat cabinet! LOL. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we got rain and Gibbs got his cookie. We're all happy!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got the rain you've been hoping for.
    Pets always know where their Treats are stored.
    Be Safe from this heat and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fooling our pets for sure. And they are always at their best. :)

      Delete
  4. Sunset pick is beautiful

    ReplyDelete