Sunday, May 7, 2023

Tidying Up, A Beautiful Mind, A Sleepy Boy

The Ridge

Last night before I went to bed, I confused Gibbs by laying on the floor at the bottom of the bed and did some yoga stretches. He jumped off the bed and stretched himself across my neck and body. I guess he thought it was play time. 😊 I slept well, dropping off immediately but woke once at 2:30 when Bill got up and then couldn’t get back to sleep for a while. My mind was full of ‘stuff’.

The sunset last night 
left us a pretty sky

Bill was up ahead of me around 6:45 with Gibbs on Sunday, May 7th and finally at 7:30, I joined him downstairs. My ‘everything’ was still a bit punchy but not bad and it was just proof of using muscles yesterday that don’t get used often. We had our morning drinks together and although mild, we experienced a wet cloudy day. It really is getting depressing and it is the opposite feeling out west where they need it so badly. We reached 13C/55F today. 

Today's clouds were heavy with rain
in various forms - heavy, medium, light

Four of these loads went
into the brush pile

Before the rain started, we all went outside. It was around 9:30 and I set to work loading the wheelbarrow cleaning up the piles from yesterday. Bill had his own little project. He got the wind spinner that we bought last winter out of the shed and noticed that it was damaged. Today, he created a new wooden stand for it, burying it beside the wood pile along the corral fence. It’s brilliant! 😊 He’s my hero, yet again.

Having a brush pile is much better
than bagging it up for a city pick up
like we used to have to

Gibbs and I were done working
so we just sat on my bench

When Gibbs and I finished, we came inside and Bill went down to the Hangar. By then, it was raining pretty good. We had toasted westerns for lunch and Bill went upstairs to have a snooze and to watch a movie or two. That gave me the opportunity to watch more episodes of Mrs. Maisle. 

One of my favourite things about spring
is watchiing the phlox begin to bloom
My garden turns purple 😊

I found the 'boys' stones so put them out

Gibbs has been sleeping most of the day. He moves from one warm body to the other and when one isn't available, one of our chairs does the trick. πŸ’–With the dampness, we both felt the chill inside so had a cup of tea and watched recorded episodes of NCIS and 9-1-1.

Our whirly-jig metal pole was stripped
so this beautiful mind created a new one


And it is perfect and
Gibbs approved.

For supper, we had leftover scallop potatoes, mixed veggies and small sausages. It was very good and easy enough to prepare. Then we watched Bosch on Prime until Sullivan’s Crossing came on Shaw at 9 while I wrote my blog. Although, a wet miserable day for the most part, we still managed to get a few outdoor things done.

A good supper
Good night!

Thank you for the visit, I hope you’ve enjoyed your Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. We are down west of Detroit and it rained here this morning must have been headed your way. One thing about doing catch up reading you get the bad and good news all in one reading. Sad to read your diamond fell out of its setting and glad to read you did end up finding it. That is a beautiful picture of the mom to be a couple posts back. Cute little cow you crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. True about the catch up post reading. :) haha

      Delete
  2. LOVE the whirly gig idea. Very smart!! I'll have to do something with mine also. I'm sending you as much warm as I possibly can. It has to get better, right? I love all your decorations and bird feeders around the Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew he was going to do something with it but he never fails to surprise me. ♥
      Thank you Nancy.

      Delete
  3. The Ridge is looking good. We will be getting lots of rain this week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We're hoping the rain is slowing down - please don't send it back to us when you're done! :)

      Delete
  4. That's a neat whirly-jig! Hope you enjoy the weather this week!

    ReplyDelete