Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Today we Celebrate Apart

The Ridge

Today, Wednesday, May 3rd, is the 26th anniversary for Bill and I. After two running starts at this marriage thing, neither of us can believe that we got so lucky and have surpassed the traditional silver celebration. Too bad we had to say goodbye to each other early this morning. We exchanged cards before he left and the day began in the usual manner.

Hopefully, soon we'll be out on the lawn
instead of just looking at it.

He left at 6:30 and after I had my tea, I left Gibbs alone at 9:25 to go around the corner to the body shop. It was another sanding day but M had moved the white van out so the truck could be pulled right into the bay. I worked around the outside of the doors and the rest of the framework. Tomorrow I will finish sanding the hood and do some taping. M will paint it Artic Blue tomorrow afternoon.

And again, the pond.

Back home, the weather yet again kept Gibbs and I inside. Rain, rain, rain. How is that fair when Alberta is crying for it to keep forest fires at bay? It’s not fair at all but there’s nothing to be done in either province to change things. 

Running up the lane again,
we stopped for a picture of our home

I worked on the crocheting project and the little bum just hung around nearby. When he went upstairs to the bedroom, I decided to make our small keto lava cakes again. They aren’t quite like a regular one but they still taste good!

Proposal and the aisle walk

I put tv on, using the Firestick and watched 2 episodes of The Marvellous Mrs. Maisle and then 2 episodes of Downton Abbey – from the beginning. I contacted Sandy again about locating the keys for the dryers and finally I was able to get a hold of Beth. I felt like a pest but he was obliging to give me her number. She will meet me in the morning to show me where things are now kept, then I’ll feel back in control again. 😊

The Promise

We heard from many, many, many well-wishers for our anniversary, in person, by text and on Facebook. Bill texted at 5 that he would be another hour before he was home so I continued to watch my program and at the same time, prepped things for supper. We had chicken balls, our vegetable, fried potatoes for him and of course, our lava cake for dessert. Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!

The dance

We loaded the dishwasher and watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy while I worked on my blog. We have a few recorded programs on our PVR and Farmer Wants a Wife is on later. A full evening, in other words, together. 

A dull looking anniversary supper

Gibbs and I did take a chance in between rain showers and went to the mailbox but immediately, it started up again. With the added strong winds, it felt much colder than the 9C/48F that we reached. This has been a nice day.

Dessert!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and blessings for many more❤️🎊🎉
    Thank you for sharing your life and adventures with us!
    Hopefully your weather will soon improve for a lovely spring time.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment and it's my pleasure!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It may have not been a nice day weather-wise but was certainly full of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to the two of you. May you celebrate many more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the proposal and wedding pictures :) How time flies! Happy Anniversary you two! Glad the 3rd time worked. Lava cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Bride. Loved the pictures. Blessings on your special day.

    ReplyDelete