Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Getting Better all the Time! Better, Better, Better! Happy Valentine’s ♥

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Feb. 14th it was just after 7 that I got up to join Bill downstairs. My shadow followed me. Bill had his QDF meeting this morning but did his self-mandated chores first. 😊 Dump tanks, fill fridge water jug, disconnect us from power and then he loaded Black Beauty for his morning.

Good Arizona morning

I had a blog to finish, again. Last night my laptop was so slow opening photos that I gave up. This morning didn’t start much better but I finally noticed that it sped up. Gibbs and I went for our walk and although a bit chilly, my poufy vest over a hoody was all I needed. There was very little wind and it was 43F/6C. Returning home, and was able to finish my blog post for yesterday. By now, it was almost 10:30 so I made my coffee, planned supper (in my head) and went to the puzzle.

It's coming along
I miss our Yamaha 'Jazz'

A few more successes as I worked away on my own. The ladies didn’t appear interested in joining me and when my tummy told me it was lunch time, I walked home for a bit of soup and my last homemade roll from the freezer. Loving the soup!! Bill had things to do around here so I left him and Gibbs for their snooze (priorities) and walked back over. If I was doing this on my own, I needed to get at it. It should be done by Friday afternoon.

We did our own thing this afternoon
Bill puttering

Gibbs snoozing in the shade of Black Beauty

And me, yah, those are my
clodhoppers - bare - in the sunshine

Both ladies were working on it when I returned, ?? and had filled in a couple of holes. Every little bit helps. 😊 Adele and I plugged pieces in until the power in the park had a burp and we were in the dark. Woops! Time to go! Bill and I have been on solar for 3 or 4 days so for the daytime hours, it would make no difference for us. I decided to just sit outside in what was left of the sun on our patio. What a lovely day.

I gave Gibbs one of the treats from
Buddy (Patti & Rick)
Obviously, he's loving them.

My blog title should ring bells if you are a Beatles fan but my, oh my, this weather is finally making an about face! We managed to reach a lovely high of 70F/21C this afternoon and there isn’t a cloud in the sky. Hello Arizona winter. With the sun gone from the patio, I think the power had returned, I came inside to start this blog and get a drink of …something. 

Gibbs and I walked around 4 and there was hardly a breeze
at all. Not sure if you can see the string on this pole.

For supper, we had chicken pieces with orange mandarin dipping sauce. We had French fries on the side. Yummy.

Yummy supper and simple to prepare

I haven’t started a new book yet so will see what television program I get involved in tonight. This has been a wonderful day. I noticed the hummingbirds were visiting our feeder today. Yay! We are doing what we love down here, whether the temperatures cooperate or not. 😊

Our meal last night at Outback was part of our
Valentine's treat to each other but today,
we had a drink together and sat in the gazebo with Gibbs.
Happy Valentine's Day! πŸ’˜πŸ’˜
Good night.

Thank you for popping in.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were able to Enjoy the day with your Valentine.
    Be Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day you two! I heard you were out of power. Even the gas stations had to close down. Hope you are back online today. Not that it matters when you have solar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. The park and town were out for maybe a couple of hours.

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear the weather is improving. We're cold here this morning -19C, and will only warm up a few degrees. But then it starts warming up again and we'll be near freezing on the weekend.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pic of you three!! Yes, the weather is getting warmer! YA! :) then summer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 😊 yay for the great and summer back home is good for us. πŸ˜†

      Delete
  5. How lovely your weather is becoming. Since I live in the same province as Maebeme, our weather is very similar. I hope you had a lovely day today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete