Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Warmer Still, Another Great 'Linner' with Friends

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Feb 13th I hopped in the shower as soon as I got up at 7:30. Bill was up already preparing for his day. When I got out, with wet hair, I asked Bill to trim my hair for me. It was time. 😊 He did a good job too! It felt better just having it even and off my neck. My hair doesn’t grow fast so it would be fine for the remainder of our time here.

Gibbs helps me finish my blog this morning

Good morning!

These palm fronds are so pretty

Gibbs and I went for our walk, Bill left for the field and I went to the clubhouse. When he called me mid-morning and told me that he had surprise visitors, I was thrilled and we set a ‘date’ for a meetup at 3 this afternoon. I worked on the puzzle until noon and since we were going out for an early lunch/dinner (Linner), we only had a small bit to eat. I hadn’t eaten breakfast so needed something. It was time to break open that large orange Nancy brought me. I’d forgotten it!

A different kind of 'horses' come
together.

I went back to the puzzle from 1 until 2:30 and we left Gibbs in charge of the Suite. We met Ken, Shirley and their friends, Doug and Michelle, at the Outback. This would be our second visit there and we all ordered pizzas before finding a seat in the adjacent area. Today, there was a band which created a different ambience although with our chatting and catching up we didn’t really need the music. 😊


This pretty little Ford was parked behind us
at Outback

It doesn't look like much but
it is very cozy inside with lots of room

The bar area
Bill, Ken, Shirley and Michelle in line

Today, we had a band

This is called the smalll All Meat

A nice mango drink

Bill and I ordered our small pizzas of choice plus a drink from the bar. My Mike’s Hard Mango drink was delicious, as was the All Meat pizza. Better than the Buckle which I had previously. We had a lovely time together and it was wonderful to see our friends again. The day I met Shirley is one that I hold dear in my heart. We still laugh about it to this day.

We had a great time together!
Ken, Shirley, Bill, Patsy, Michelle, Doug

We parted ways before 5 and of course that meant that Bill and I would not be hungry for supper later. Works for me! I played my online games at home, took Gibbs for his walk and dozed off in my chair for a few minutes. We watched some NCIS reruns together while I wrote today’s post. This has been a great day, reaching a lovely high of 70F/21C.

The day remained quite perfect.
No special sunset tonight even though
there were a few clouds on the horizon.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

7 comments:

  1. Fun times with friends. This year Jerry and I find ourselves eating linner when we are out and about. I think I like eating early and places aren't so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise. Glad you got some time with good friends.
    That puzzle looks a bit daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice another get together with friends., and you had a very nice warm and sunny day as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice getting together with friends Ken and Shirley as well as meeting Michelle and Doug.
    That Thiry-Seven looks like a sweet ride.
    So does that Pizza.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see Ken and Shirley again! They are super nice folks. It looks and sounds as if you are enjoying the Outback pizzas.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete