Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Enjoying the Life, Birthday Wishes

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Feb. 26th Bill, Gibbs and I were up by 7. I was looking forward to Ladies Poker Pool today, it is a good way to start my week! 😊 Gibbs and I walked and it was a beauty of a morning – although cloudy. The warmth is so nice, just a light jacket required. The only improvement would be sunshine. We weren’t sure if it would make an appearance so neither of us disconnected from power. Bill went flying this morning.

Good morning

On our early walk, Gibbs stopped at Gerald's home.
Where is he? I had to tug him to carry one. Goofy.

I did well in L.P.P. tying for first place with a fairly low score. However, I can’t and will not take credit for the win. The ladies put most of my balls in for me and I just had to cards to match! 😊 We were done by noon and I had lunch back home with Bill. He dozed and  I walked back to the clubhouse to do some puzzling around 12:30. A little later, G and D arrived for some pool and then Sheila joined me for a nice visit and the pieces dropped in by circumstance.

We made a few more strides on the puzzle,
in between getting to know each other better.

Around 2:45, we parted ways and I poured a drink for Bill and I. He was busy at detailing Black Beauty. Inside, now, she is spiffy! Outside, a dirty mess. We can’t wash vehicles in here, only a hired cleaner can do it with their own water. Water is a valuable commodity so we certainly respect that. She’ll get a wash one day in Parker, Blythe or Yuma before we leave for home.

Late afternoon, the sun tries to give us
a show

Even with the clouds today,
we still reached 74F/23C.
Our overnights are between 53F and 57F (12C and 15C)

Sheila popped by and extended an invite to join her and Randy, Dave and Joanne in their Phaeton rv.  Heck ya! We love ‘touring’ rv’s and I was happy when she took me up on my query to ‘snoop’. 😊 We’d both just finished a drink, so I made myself a cup of tea and we walked down around 4:30……I think it was. They have a nice rv and with a few simple touchups, they will make it their own. 💗 It was especially nice to meet Dave and get to know Joanne better. Very nice people and they are pulling out on Tuesday. I forgot a picture!

Yummy supper and easy!

Back home, I took Gibb for a quick walk and then we had grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. They  were ooey gooey good and although simple, a nice answer to ‘what do we want for supper’. Our regular shows, NCIS and NCIS Hawaii, were on tonight so I postponed the blog and watched them with Bill. I was in bed by 9:45 and asleep soon after. Can you say ‘out like a light?’ 😊

Another pretty evening sky

Good night all!

This was a wonderful day and also special because it is our buddy, Pat’s, birthday. From all accounts, sounds like she had a great day.

Happy Birthday, Pat.
You should be here!

Thank you for the visit!

12 comments:

  1. Shame about the lack of sun, but boy oh boy does that temperature sound lovely. It was -26C this morning with windchill close to -38C. My son went to work and I decided it was a good day to do a bunch of housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has finally turned around for us. Sun or not. :)
      Brrr, hopefully you'll get a warrm up soon. Some of Ontario had 14C today and sunshine and others got thunderstorms and hail!

      Delete
  2. What lovely temperatures you are getting now. It was really cold here today and I just cuddled up and worked around the house and got to knitting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been waiting for you to win poker pool to celebrate!! Close enough. I’m having a beer as we speak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled cheese is one of my favorite I had it for breakfast before poker pool yum yum

    ReplyDelete