Monday, February 5, 2024

Bottom Two in Pool, A Few Puzzle Pieces, Last Warm Day

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Feb. 5th I was up out of bed at 7 to join Bill, downstairs. I was going to hop into the shower immediately but waited until I finished a cup of tea. Not for any reason, the delay, I mean. 😊 Bill had decided early that he wasn’t going to the field. The weather was not a factor, there were things, hobby related, that he wanted to do at home.

I think I missed the best of the morning sky
but this was pretty darn nice.

All around us, north, south, east, west
Pink hues

After my shower, time was passing quickly so I took Gibbs for his walk in a different direction this morning – just to shorten it but still make it exciting for him. Then, I walked over to the clubhouse to join the ladies. There were 7 of us playing today, yay! Actually, a big or small turnout makes no difference to how I feel when I’m playing. I just love playing.

I knew it was a pretty sky when our
door window lit up like this. 💗

We were done at noon and I tied for 6th place. That means only one player ended up with a higher number. Low score wins. 😊 After our lunch, Bill had a snooze and I walked back over to work on the puzzle. I spent the afternoon there. I found a few more pieces of the puzzle and had some fun chatting with Sheila while she worked on a Pokeno ‘basket’.

By Poker Pool time, it had changed to this.

a couple more horses take shape.

By 4, we were out of there, headed home. I had a cup of tea and took Gibbs for a walk after playing my games. 

Our afternoon walk presented us with a
threat of the day ahead

For supper, Bill grilled some Brat sausages and with coleslaw it made for a nice quick supper. While I worked on my blog, we watched Willie Nelson’s 90th birthday celebration. It was very touching as (if you know me at all) you have to know how much I love Willie!! Great performances! However, if you love Kris Kristofferson as I do, be prepared for his performance with Rosanne Cash. I cried all through it. 💖💘

This has been a nice day and a warm high temperature of 70F/19C under cloudy skies. Tomorrow, we’ll get some rain and cooler temps. We’ll take what comes.

Simple supper tonight.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Still looks like you had a good day, thankful you're not in SoCal with all the flooding.
    Strange no pics of Gibbs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly I’m sorry I missed Willie’s birthday celebration. Maybe
    it will play again.
    Wondering what is a Pokeno Basket ?
    Your grilled Brat looks delicious !
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely play again. A great show.
      A basket to hold the pennies. One small basket for each of the 'runs'. Haha.

      Delete
  3. You're certainly making progress on the puzzle. Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too heavy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That puzzle ..... oh heck no!! I actually saw it online and loved the picture ... the pieces, not so much. I just LOVE your window!!! Dark skies coming this week I guess. Stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I've wished a few times that you were helping with the puzzle. You love the horses!

      Delete
  5. Sounds as if you had the perfect day. Good work on the puzzle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete