Thursday, July 4, 2024

It’s That Time Again – Oh Joy!

The Ridge

On Thursday, July 4th, Independence Day for our American friends (aka family). Bill wasn’t originally due in to work until noonish or until Billy called with details. So, since I wasn’t scheduled to be anywhere until noon myself, we took our time getting up. Bill went out and began moving the bags of stone up on the berm. Gibbs helped and I stayed indoors with my tea and played my online games.

Good morning!
I prefer clear skies but when the clouds
look like this, I kind of like them. ♥

If you are inside the Suite and look out the back north
facing windows, you can actually still see a bit of the pond.

As nice as the privacy is, a bush hog would 
clear out a better view!

When Bill started the Cub Cadet, Gibbs was done and came to the door just as I was getting ready for the shower. 😊 Of course, as he worked away out there, plans changed and he left for the job around 9. By then, I’d had my shower and was ready for my appointment. Every two years until we’re of a certain age (I’m not there yet) it is ‘recommended’ us ladies get a mammogram. Okay, today was my day.

Looking over our back fence into the cornfield,
do you see what I see?
No excuse for the Monarchs here!

I got mostly dressed to go but because may be sitting on my lap in the meantime, I didn’t put on my good white shorts – yet. I worked on the puzzle and he sat outside until he’d had enough heat when I put him inside. At 11:15, I packed a snack lunch to take with me and left Gibbs in charge at 11:30. My appointment was 20 minutes away, at the Hanover hospital. I parked and was in and out in 30 minutes so no parking fee was charged. The girls/ladies are so nice in there. I truly don’t mind the ordeal at all.

There were slight winds occasionally
but for the morning, it was quite still.
Would have been a good morning for Bill to go flying πŸ˜”

I’d texted Donna earlier and we planned to do a bit of thrift store shopping when I was done. I’m glad it worked out and we went to Salvation Army  first where I found a few things and then to another store – just to peruse. Their items are new and prices are too high for me. I left empty-handed. I returned Donna to her place before 3 and drove to Giant Tiger to poke around. 😊 I love that store.

It's coming along but I'm having to work
for success on this one!

I had a couple of grocery items on my list (when I should have remembered a couple more!) and I tried on a few of their 10$ bathing suits. Yes, I left with one that will be just fine. Then I left for Durham. I made a quick stop at the Mat to pick up my June pay from the office and then drove down the street to purchase 10 more bags of the white stone. The price can’t be beat. We’ll need 10 more and that should suffice for the job Bill is working on.

The construction as I neared Hanover
was causing delays but there is nothing else to be
done when it is a major highway for many. 


Clouds had completely overtaken the sky by the
time I returned home at 3:30.

Back home, I felt worn out but in a good way. It is always nice to spend time with my sister(s), individually or as a group. Gibbs and I sat outside together and received a package from Walmart. Rather than use our central vac in here for quick cleanups, I wanted a small upright with the removable hand held section. Robin has one at the bnb and it is wonderful! Lightweight for up and down the stairs and the price was right. I’m happy to have one here in the Suite.

As I turned up the lane, I saw this

Chippy and Peter Rabbit were not frightened
deep in conversation, obviously. 

Finally, they parted ways.

Bill was home before 5 after fueling up in town. I think diesel is going up, one station in Hanover had jumped its price by .14¢! I suggested he get it while it was at $1.56/litre. I worked on the puzzle and sat outside with Gibbs while he dozed for half hour. For supper, I fried myself some liver and baked some spaghetti squash. For Bill, I reheated the hamburger helper and leftover potatoes (of which I slipped a few pieces on my plate of the latter).

A Dirt Devil Express Stik


While Bill slept inside, we relaxed outside.

We cleaned up dishes and he slipped over to the Acreage to fill the water bladder. Woops! How’d we get so low? I guess it was last Friday we filled up and we don’t ration here, there’s no need when water is so readily available. 😊 this has been a good day. I will have a few things going on tomorrow and it sounds like we may have an interested tenant again at M’s.

Oh my, the liver was soooo good!

It doesn’t take long; people are crying for apartments here. The price is right and only a certain person would be interested in this type of accommodation. It isn’t for the faint of heart! Ha ha. The weather today was, well, hot and humid. I know, I know, our friends south and far west of the border will laugh at that. It reached a sticky 28C/82F with 90% humidity until noon when it dropped to 85%. No rain today, yet but we’ll see that change tomorrow.

Good night!

Thank you for the visit today. Happy 4th of July!

8 comments:

  1. Love the 1st 3 pictures.....clouds and green!! THX. Filled up my car on Mon. and the pump had 1 gas hose and 1 diesel ~ thought of Bill ! I've only had gas vehicles so no problem here.
    Hope M gets a good renter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I also think of Bill when I fill my car!!
      I hope for a good renter too.

      Delete
  2. You and Bill do
    a lot of work and shop for bargains whenever you can,I respect that.Gibbs helping you makes me
    smile , have a nice night
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I shop at Foodland in town more often now because I've started to pay more attention to their specials. When they are good deals I do like to support local. Of course Gibbs is such a great little helper.❤️

      Delete
  3. The puzzle is definitely coming along!! I would have tossed it, I'm sure!! So lucky you can find things at local stores. Here we have to drive 45 minutes and STILL can't find anything. Love the bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refused to give up on that puzzle!
      I do like a good bargain and shopping second hand has never bothered me having five older sisters and wearing hand-me-down clothes all the time.

      Delete
  4. Your puzzle looked impossible to me, and yet there you go, you've nearly completed it! Well done.
    Because of a family history of breast cancer, I've been going for mammograms since I was about 45. I wonder if they'll let me stop when I get to a "certain age". I had to look that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real challenge.
      No history here but sometimes I don't do what is norm as far as the doctor is concerned and I did stop mammograms for a few years when I thought they were doing more harm than good. However I've started up in the last 8 years and only have two more to go. 74 is the age.

      Delete