Sunday, July 14, 2024

Family Reunion Reunites

The Ridge

On Sunday, July 14th we woke up early to a mixed sky. There was sun, clouds, heat in the air and wind in the forecast. There was also rain and chance of an afternoon storm in the weather report. The winds didn’t take long to pick up but Bill was able to go flying and get one flight in early enough. Anything over 10 mph makes for sad pilots in the RC world. ☹ 

Good morning!
Last night, it was beautiful outside.

Bye Daddy!

Oh-oh, not looking like anything good
coming our way.

I was up at 6:30 and began making my keto cake as soon as Bill left. I had not made it before so I was curious. Yes, the picnic recipients would be the guinea pigs today if they chose it. The rule was to meet at 12 so you had to know that I was packed up and on my way before 11:30 AND the first cousin to arrive. Harvey gave me direction where to park and I walked with Uncle Jerry and him around the sunflower patch.

Beautiful! See that, Daddy?


Just wow! There were a lot and about 6 were in bloom already. I think he has 3 different varieties but they’re all beautiful to me. In my heart and mind, Mom and Daddy (Bridgette called them Grandma and Grandpa Sunflower) were with us. It has been 4 years since the last reunion on Sunday, July 14th, 2019. That was the 58th family reunion on Mom’s side of the family. There were 23 of us present to eat and 22 still there when I took the group picture. A darn nice turnout, I think!

Set up nicely indoors so the weather was no issue.
Fill our plates inside and move out to the shop.

There was so much food and we all got our fill, plating up in the kitchen and eating out in Harvey’s shop. Then we sat out back under their pavilion until 4 or so. Jennifer’s encouragements to play Bocce ball or croquet weren’t heeded but she did try. Are we too old? Never! However, the sun was very hot and it and the big meal drained our energy. Yah, that’s what we’ll say for an excuse. 😊

I think I behaved pretty good. Only my roll and a bit of potato
salad were the no-nos. 

Brad helped gather the group.
My 3 sisters and sister-in-law (far left) made up
most of the front row with Uncle Jerry.

I was welcome home by Gibbs, back and forth letting Daddy know I’d returned. Only then did he eat his dish of food from this morning. I guess the family was together again. I didn’t need supper so sat out where it was cooler with Gibbs while Bill finished with his movie. He made a sandwich and went to the Hangar. It is even hot down there, he said. This was a wonderful day. The rain and storm missed us today and, as usual, another family reunion went off without a hitch!

I told Bill yesterday that I bought
a bike. 😂
He relaxed when he saw it.

My Corabelle's are lovely.

It got to 27C/80F feeling much hotter than that. Thank heavens, truly for the wind. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday.

Enjoying some cooler air after I got home.
Clouds moved across by 7:30 so we may get
the rain tomorrow.
Good night!
Thank you for the visit.

10 comments:

  1. That is a large family get together. Sounds like everything came off without a hitch. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an enjoyable reunion.
    Looks like the next couple of days, could be wet.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of you with your family.Cute little Gibbs must have been glad to finally eat when you got home .Nice that Bill got one flight in today
    Wishing you three a nice evening, Mary


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family picture!! Love seeing Gibbs in that chair. He sure keeps a close eye on you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I love seeing him in that chair too! (can you tell?) haha

      Delete
  5. Wonderful family photo! I'm sure everyone was too busy visiting to feel like playing games.
    Sadly, the cousins in my family only seem to get together for funerals and the occasional wedding. There are far more of the former.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. I know what you mean about those kind of gatherings.

      Delete