Thursday, July 18, 2024

My Day Off

The Ridge

On Thursday, July 18th Bill was up before the alarm, getting ready for work. Two days this week is better than none and actually a good pace. 😊 I came down with Gibbs around 7 and sat with him until he left. I didn’t need Ptooties so he took her, not because of the distance to the job but because it is at a condo with limited space to park.

Good morning
(well, this wasn't the best start) 

It was a chilly morning, only 11C/53F. Such a change! There was no rain expected today but it was sure misty looking on the horizon. The dew has been quite heavy these mornings so things always look wet. Did you see the moon last night? It is almost full; we’re getting closer to the Buck Moon. I was in no hurry to go outside this morning, those heavy clouds kept it cool for a long time. Even indoors, I felt chilled.

Well, hello Moonflower!

I decided the only way to warm up was go out and maybe do some weeding. Yeuch. As soon as I stepped out around 10, I remembered the grass needed cutting, in our sitting area. That did warm me up and a much nicer chore than weeding on the corral hill!! It looks wonderful now and I definitely felt warmer. When the sun is out, it is beautiful but when it is hidden, goose bump city. 😊

Such an improvement when the law is cut.

I worked on the puzzle until 12:30 and came in for some lunch. Sour dough toast with cheese and a hard-boiled egg fit the bill, filling me up. 

This is how the puzzled was left at 5:30.
Still missing one border piece, can you see it?

Then I had my shower, changed into clean clothes and took Black Beauty into town. I wanted to check out areas with playgrounds for our little people who are coming tomorrow. The Ridge is not a lot of fun for children.

My first stop was at the 
Day Use beach near McGowan Falls.
Not much to keep little ones busy unless
they went swimming.

With a couple of ideas in mind, I popped into Going Once, Going Twice before coming home. Lori, store owner, gave me even one more idea so we’ll play it by ear. 

Then I drove to the Conservation Area and she
let me drive through to see the playground.
This would be great, however, it's a hefty price to
get a day pass and we'd only need an hour or two. LOL

One more place is the school playground.
It's nice too but there were a lot of maintenance vehicles
at the school. Too bad the new splash pad isn't ready yet
behind the Police Station. It would be perfect.

Back home, I had my tea and swept the patio mats off. Gibbs and I waited for Bill to come home and he pulled in just before 4:30. For supper, I cooked a large chicken breast and the last 2 potatoes before they go bad. We had corn on the cob for our vegetable.

Supper was very good.
Can you believe that is only half of the chicken breast?
I bought 6 in a pack for $20 so can't complain
about that!

It will be a cooler night still, only 9C/48F so the windows will be closed. Now that we only have a light bedspread on our bed, we’ll feel the cold from the windows, yes, we will. 😊 I only have one episode of Reacher left to watch so may find another movie tonight. I watched one last night called The Giant Mechanical Man and it was cute.

If you're wondering what this look is all about..........
I think my laughing interrupted Gibbs' meeting with his buddies.
MooCow, Goober and Stuffy were all in attendance. 
💖💖
This kid kills me!

Bill went to the Hangar and there is more sun over us now than we’ve had all day in one stretch. Isn’t that the way it goes, just as the day starts to decline. LOL It has been a good day, although our high only made it to 19C/67F (still nice) and tomorrow will warmer and busy.

A mixed bag of sky today 
It's okay, it didn't rain!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

10 comments:

  1. It's nice of you to look for places for your visitors kids to play,most kids can amuse themselves with whatever is around them.
    I imagine you enjoy weeks when Bill only works two days,he and Gibbs are so
    nice to have with you,Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured the children would spend a lot of time on their playbooks - which they've already done lots of on the plane. :)
      I do like when Bill only has to work a couple of days.

      Delete
  2. Poor Stuffy!! LOL. I will switch this HOT for your COLD!! How old are the kids? Can they do an easy jigsaw puzzle? There must be game suggestions on-line you can gather for their age group. Very nice of you to think of their entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffy is so loved though. ♥ haha
      I was wanting time away from the playbooks and phones so found the perfect spot.
      They are 5 and 3.

      Delete
  3. I was going to suggest the school playground. They are free and often have some really neat apparatus to play on. If the children are there on the weekend, I would think the maintenance vehicles won't be there then.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme, the kids were only here for one day but there was a fair bit of stuff there.

      Delete
  4. Gibbs....just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the schools I worked at the maintenance vehicles were never there on the weekend so it should be a great place to take the little ones.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, we know from experience too. We worked for the school board in London. Sadly, the kids were only here on Friday but read tomorrow's blog, we found the best spot!

      Delete