Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Hump Day

The Ridge

On Wednesday, July 17th Bill knew he didn’t have work today. That was nice as it gave him the chance to sleep in a bit. It was still 6:30 when he got up with Gibbs but that is sleeping in for him. 😊 At least he didn’t need the alarm set. I was awake at 4:45 for some reason and although I felt quite comfortable, I couldn’t seem to drop back off other than in fits and starts.

Good morning!
What a beautiful sky this morning on my
way into town.

I got up just before 7 and got washed, dressed and headed to town with my tea. I took an extra top to change into before leaving the Mat as I was driving to Hanover after that. Once arriving in town, I fueled up at the Ultramar across from the laundromat. The Mat was quiet and pretty normal as far as cleaning goes. I did do the big dryer lint removal so it took an extra half hour this morning.

Traffic on North Line was bad though.
Really slow moving!

I changed and drove to the Hanover Medical Centre. I pulled into the parking lot, got a ticket and noted the time. Because of an irregular count in my thyroid level, doc asked me to get another one in a couple of months. That means now. 😊 I didn’t need an appointment and the 5 people ahead of me were in and out, as was I, within 20 minutes. Yay, that meant I didn’t have to pay to park, first 30 minutes is free. It’s still cheap, only $3, with proceeds going toward patient care.

Bill went for water while I was away this morning
and when I returned, Gibbs and I enjoyed the hammock.

I swung around to Donna’s and dropped off her water bottle that she left in my car on Sunday and then went directly to Walmart. I had a list about ‘yay’ long and found everything on it, plus a few extras. With a stop in Durham to get our water bottle filled and Bill’s Coke at Foodland, I texted him that I was on my way. It was 7:30 when I left home and now 11:30. I was ready to stop and get a bite to eat. 😊

It was 3 overfull loads in the
utility trailer and that makes for a lot of added
brush to the pile.

Bill was in the laneway with Black Beauty and Gerry’s utility trailer. It was full, overflowing with the cuttings from the lane. He moved up out of the way and off loaded it while I off loaded the 4 bags of groceries. We have company coming on Friday so I wanted to pick up some lunch meats and buns for a change from regular bread. I find it makes the sandwiches taste better! I had the last of my broccoli cheddar soup for lunch and then we went back out to the lane.

My 3 pepper plants are producing quite well.

I didn’t do a lot but did help with one more, the 3rd and final, load of brush from the lane. It looks so much better. Bill and Gibbs had their snooze in the hammock, in the partial shade/sun and I started a puzzle in the Bunky. My ankle was aching from when the door hit it the other day (some times I’m an accident waiting to happen) and I was feeling so tired, that at 3, I came in to take a Tylenol and have a rest myself. The boys were awake and Gibbs joined me.

I only have 2 varieties of lilies
but they are both pretty.

I was up at 4 and Bill was down at the Hangar. Time for a cup of tea and make a decision about supper. Hmmm. Today, I went back and forth with Robin about some work dates coming up so that’s good. I already knew her and Andrew would be in Manitoba a lot of August. Jessica and I will be busy. 😊 Gibbs and I wandered down at 5:30 to see what Bill thought about supper and when he suggested fish and chips, I was sold.

So, I went into the Bunky to start the puzzle.
When I slipped out to see where Gibbs was,
I realized was laying in the hammock in the shade.
This is the cutest picture!! I left them alone. 💖

We started within a few minutes of that decision and it was a good meal. I’m disappointed in the frozen fish I bought this time. It is sole filets but they are very thin this time. I don’t buy fresh and when we buy coated fish, it has to be the deep fried type. Breaded is yeuchy to us. LOL We finished off the keto cake and the whipped cream so that makes more room in the fridge for the new stuff. 😊

I know, I'm a sucker for punishment.
This mostly black border will be challenging.
The pieces are big though so I'll get through it,
it is only 500 pieces

After clean up, Bill went to the Hangar. He’ll make his lunch later IF he gets the word that they’ll be working. He’s off on Friday, by choice, so he’s hoping for one more day of employment this week. We’ll see. PS - add on - Bill is working tomorrow. 😀

Supper.

This has been a lovely day, really. Some clouds and some wind but a lot of sunshine. We reached 23C/73F with no complaints whatsoever. I’ve been watching reruns of the series Reacher (from Lee Child’s books) and am enjoying them all over again. He’s my tv hero.

A quick snap through the screen of our door.
A beauty of an evening.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, good photo of that
    beautiful sky.Bill and Gibbs napping in the hammock is so sweet.
    I read most of Lee Child's
    Reacher books, good
    stuff! Hoping you three have a good night,-Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I love Reacher! The books and tv series are great!

      Delete
  2. You are a glutton for punishment with those puzzles!! LOL. Mr. Gibbs is brave to be jumping in the hammock!! Nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it, right??
      Mr. Gibbs loves the hammock and can't wait for me to get in it. :)

      Delete
  3. You may need to install lights on the north line, or maybe the geese need traffic lessons. :p
    The day lilies and peppers are doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Too funny about the lights! Thank you for that chuckle!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are enjoying the cooler weather.
    City had to find ways of stopping those traffic jams, they would just top in the middle of the road and squawk at the vehicles.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember over in the Springbank Drive area of London too, how bad it got. I'd hate to hit one though.

      Delete