Friday, September 30, 2022

A Very Special Birthday, Hopping to It with Help

The Ridge

On Friday, Sept. 30th the birthday boy was up before his alarm. I was also awake, running things through my head. Will the hall be clean? When can I get the keys? Will I have enough food? Will Bill be surprised with his guests? Etc. etc. etc. One thing I won’t be concerned about is the weather.

No pictures today, so let's look back over the last 5 years
2017 Sept. 30th

It’s a gorgeous morning with a forecasted temperature of 17C/63F and tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Not sure if the sun will be with us but as long as it is fry and warm, I’m a happy camper. 😊 After Bill left for work at 7:30, I left at 7:45 for town. The Mat needed attention today, the floors in particular were messy and dirty. I was happy to clean it up and leave it spic and span, as it kept my mind occupied.

Sept. 30th, 2018
 watching his Grandson's play hockey

A stop at I.D.A. for a couple of things, a stop at Rob and Pat’s to pick a container up and then I scooted home. The rest of the morning was just prepping, things I won’t mention because the birthday boy is my most dedicated reader. This afternoon, Donna came out to help with some food prep and that helped me considerably.

Supper out on Sept. 30th, 2019

When we finished, Gibbs wanted us to go out with him so we did. 😊 We sat in the sun on the patio and discussed fall flowers and changes we want to make to our gardens. Gibbs ran around entertaining himself and when he started barking and running for the laneway, we saw that Bill was home early. We finished just in time! Yes, the little guy still barks some but I believe he stops sooner at least.

A rainbow for his birthday, 
Sept. 30th, 2020

Things are under control – as long as that hall is clean!! I’ll be decorating in the morning and tomorrow will be a full day with too many pictures, I assume. Bill and I went up the road to pick up the hall key and a coffee maker from Gloria and we drove directly to the hall. I needed help to set up the heavy tables and he obliged. Oh, Gibbs came along and by the way, the hall was clean! 😊

That is Bill's boss, Mike, but this is the job
they were working on Sept. 30th, 2021

It wasn’t a very nice birthday supper but in Bill’s words “If you made it, sweetie, it’s a nice supper”. I’m going to leave this post there and relax for the evening.

Bill's birthday supper
Well, this is my plate but he had his on toast
I really splurged tonight!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around and Happy 70th Birthday to my sweet, caring man!

8 comments: