Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Short Post on Hump Day

The Ridge

Wednesday, Sept. 28th brought almost an exact duplicate of the last two days. That meant also that Bill was up and gone to Hanover for his job at 7:30 and I left soon after to Durham to clean. We both drove in the drizzle, on and off. It was chilly too, around 7C/45F so I layered up a bit more than usual. 😊 Fall is here, all the signs are around us.

Last Sept. 28, 2021

The drive down Baptist Church Road is changing, the tree leaves are taking on a different hue. They aren’t brilliant yet so not quite worth a picture  but very similar to last year on this day. Soon, though. The Mat was quite clean, which was odd since Sage hadn’t been in since Monday afternoon. It was probably clean for her too since I’d been in that morning. I think Kaitlyn needs to switch her days around and maybe it was me that messed that up but………no point in us both going in on the same day.

Lunch

For lunch, I made a breakfast quesadilla and then because I just couldn’t get warm, Gibbs and I sat together in my chair with my afghan. The new book I’m reading, J. A. Jance’s Sins of the Fathers, is very good so I was quite happy to be lazy today. When Bill got home around 5, he replaced the propane tank that he’d had filled on his way home and then we watched The Walton’s before supper.

Supper

For supper, I fried two cheeseburgers. It is messy but it wasn’t a bbq kind of day and they still tasted great. We had the rhubarb berry crisp with ice cream for dessert and called it a day. We watched all of our recorded shows last night so I’ll probably read tonight. This was a good day and I made progress on the ‘plans’. 😊

Look at this little guy last year
drinking out of the rain pail
Now he does it without jumping up 💓💓
Good night

Thank you for stopping by.


13 comments:

  1. Oh those trees are worth a picture for those of use who don't get to see them change and in their full glory. Once I lived where they did, and love it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you know J A Jance grew up in the AZ mining town of Bisbee, AZ. Worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Thats how we got onto her books. We have been there and taken the Queens mine tour. Lovely place!

      Delete
  3. I love watching the leaves change..here not so much but a few. No point in cleaning a clean laundromat ..Yesterday's post..Little Hadley is so adorable! I can't believe she's 19 months already! Would love to see a pic of Easton too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves are quite pretty and sometimes they just are so bright I have to stop and take a picture.
      Yes Hadley is quite the charmer. Easton didn't come but I will be sure to send a picture along.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the weather changes have you looking forward to your travels. We've been quite cool in the morning, but getting heat in the afternoon. I noticed the leaves on the neighbour's tree seemed to have changed color overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sure does have us thinking about our travels. Trying to enjoy what we have here while it lasts at the same time.
      I look forward so much to these colors especially when they pop out of a green tree you see bright red leaves.

      Delete
  5. As long as the sun still makes its presence known once in a while, that's all we can ask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever figured how to tape TV shows for later. Maybe this winter you could show me how. That Gibbs is a big boy now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd need a pvr to record movies but we live having it.
      Gibbs is not a little guy for sure.

      Delete
  7. I am enjoying watching the leaves change on my daily walks. I find it amazing how some change so quickly and others seem to hold on to their green for much longer.

    The cheeseburgers look awesome. Making me hungry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete