Monday, June 5, 2023

Busy Morning, Uber Afternoon, Don’t Lift Cement Bags!

The Ridge

On Monday, June 5th Bill was up, showered and off to work shortly after 6:30. He took Black Beauty this morning to Mildmay to pick up the work trailer to take to their work site in Hanover. I had no where to go today so relaxed with Gibbs, drinking my tea and reading my book. It was a cool morning compared to the last few, 9C/49F, and we were under mostly cloudy skies. A different morning for sure.

It looks bright, but it was only the
sun trying hard to break through the clouds

We’ve put the Blue Flame heater away and have flipped the board on the stoop – telling ourselves not to turn the furnace on – so Gibbs and I put a blanket over ‘our’ legs in the chair. When my tea was done, we went for a walk. 😊 At the end of the lane, Gibbs started barking at a small white Hydro One car parked just a few feet away. When the lady saw us, she came over to explain why she was there.

Bird's foot trefoil

They are marking trees that either need to be trimmed or cut down to maintain clearance for the wires. We carried on for our walk and back home, I let him off leash to run around while I worked. It was time to fill my planters with the 5 petunias I’d purchased on Sunday. When that was done, because little Mr. “I don’t want to come when you call” was being an imp, I put him on his rope leash. My next job needed my full attention.

All spiffed up

I moved Ptooties over to the water pump and proceeded to give her a bath. She was pretty dirty, especially her back end. 😊 It began warming up so I unplugged from power and went about the chore. She sure looked ‘purty’ when I was done! M had called and asked if I could be his Uber at 2 and run him into town for a few errands. I knew he would be asking, I’d talked to him Saturday morning.

Gibbs was happy enough in his 
bed and the shade

While at the Beer Store, Bill pulled up beside us in B.B. Off work early, he’d gone to the Home Hardware for the bags of cement needed for his flag pole. Unfortunately, those 50-lb bags should not be hefted into a pick up truck by someone his age. He pulled a muscle in his right deltoid/bicep. That doesn’t sound good so as soon as we made one more stop at Foodland, I drove home, dropped M at his place and scooted home to my working man.

Finished! One piece missing though.

My potted flowers
and
the old garden all packed up

He won’t be going anywhere tomorrow, that’s a given – well, unless a miracle happens overnight. We iced it and he dozed before supper. Steak, potatoes and corn on the cob was our meal and it was pretty good. The steak is so thin and it cooked pretty fast so next time, it will be a much shorter grilling. We’ll play it by ear in the morning as to whether we need to get x-rays or not.

Supper was pretty good

Other than that, it was a good day. I worked on the puzzle after Bill was home and was dozing and managed to finish it. There is a piece missing though, so I’ll have to sweep the Bunky in case I’ve dropped it. Here’s hoping Bill has a good night and a better day tomorrow. He went to the Hangar to see if there was something minimal he could do for a while but returned within 15 minutes. He couldn't lift his arm enough to be comfortable. Even eating was a challenge for him. 

Goose the Spruce on the right
My goodness, he has grown!
Good night!

Thank you for popping by.

15 comments:

  1. I do hope Bill did not do any lasting damage to his arm.

    Boy you sure were chilly in the morning. We, on the other hand are having very warm, humid weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Bill thinks he is still 50. πŸ™„
      Yes, cool nights again.

      Delete
  2. I hope that Bill feels better soon. So sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough luck for Bill, hopefully it will be back to normal soon. Nice job on the car wash, and I can't even see where the missing piece should be on the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure. He forgets that he isn't 50 any more!
      Bottom right corner. Look for the orange take showing through.

      Delete
  4. OUCH!!!! Pulled muscles are definitely a pain. Hope it heals up fast. Jonathan LOVES that puzzle!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I called the one Jonathon as i worked on it. πŸ₯°

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I hope Bill heals quickly. I suspect the only option is rest, and more rest, and not doing any strenuous activities. Based on what I've read, I sort of think that might be difficult for him.
    Gibbs' antics always makes me smile. And that's saying something because I'm more of a cat person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is going to be very difficult for Bill to sit still.
      Gibbs makes me laugh a lot too. Thank you for saying that Miss Cat lady.😍

      Delete
  6. Poor Bill, sorry for him to have that happen. Hopefully it will be better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. Jerry is finally getting better and now it's Bill. I'm so sorry. Prayers for a quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear. Hope it heals quickly. Heavy lifting is a no no!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Poor Bill! Your potted plants look lovely! Supper looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete