Friday, June 16, 2023

Weekend Slope, Training Session

The Ridge

It’s Friday, June 16th; no real TGIF for us now, they all feel like a weekend but we are still on the downward slope to one. We thought it was supposed to be a sunny day but when we woke and got up, it was very damp and cloudy outside. I didn’t have to go to the Mat this morning until 10:30. Sandy, my boss, asked if I would mind going in later and training a new gal for him. Kind of for me, so I can take days off. 😊


Last night, as the sun began its departure
it was a pretty sky

I’d asked if he could bring Beth (the winter gal) in on Tuesday, my regular cleaning day. Since Bill is off, we are planning a few days away and we are looking forward to it very much. Not with the Suite, just the 3 of us in Ptooties. More on that news later. So, when Sandy called yesterday, he explained that Beth isn’t too keen on working at the Mat during the winter months in my absence so his own office secretary (from his plumbing business) has offered.

I met Alison in town and I took her through the steps. She is young, maybe mid 30’s, and I know she picked things up quickly. What’s the saying? It isn’t rocket science. πŸ˜‰ After about 30 minutes, I ‘released’ her so she could go to the office, no point in her following me around while I cleaned. Nice gal. She will also fill in for my absence during Ladyfest in August.

Bill found my finch feeder and some niger  seed in the Suite's
small compartment at the back so I filled that, filled a hummer
feeder, since the Orioles and Hummers are still around
and when we came inside, Gibbs crashed. πŸ’–
Bless his little canine heart!

I stopped at Foodland for a few more ‘out ofs’ and scooted home. Bill had dumped the black tank and was working on the tire of the Blue Boy/honey wagon. It has a faulty tube so will need to be replaced, making the ‘pull’ back and forth easier. We had some b & e for lunch and then when he went back out to finish up, I vacuumed the Suite. Gibbs managed to get out of the way whenever I got too close. He used to bark at it, now he just avoids it.

Another cute picture to create

We all went out, done with the chores, and I started a new puzzle. This will be fun too! Gibbs was very good, sticking close to the Bunky, the patio chair and down to check on Daddy but when we came in around 4, tea time, he was more than anxious to ‘go in the house’. He was asleep on the back of my chair almost immediately. Bless his little heart.

I made my tea and started today’s post before sitting with a new book. Yes, I finished ‘I Found You’ last night at 11:30. I couldn’t put it down so stayed up for that reason alone. LOL Good thing I was able to sleep in this morning until 7:30. 😊 This one is called The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena and it is another page turner already!

the sun was out, off and on, throughout the afternoon
but with the winds, it still felt chilly.
We only reached a high of 17C/63F again today
but the weekend looks better!

We had leftover meatloaf for supper with a garden salad with the addition of my home-grown spinach plus stove top stuffing. I think just the salad and meat would have been enough for me. I don’t seem to have much of an appetite lately and get full quickly. After cleanup and the dishwasher was running, Bill went to the Hangar and Gibbs and I sat to finish my post. Without him sitting behind me, I don’t know if I could manage!

I know I didn't grow it from seed (are you kidding?)
but I'm taking credit for it anyway. πŸ˜‚


We have one more night of leftover meatloaf.
It used to last us only 2 meals but we've been
eating less and rationing more - and not starving!

On that note:
Good night!

This was a good day and the weekend is upon us. Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always welcome!

12 comments:

  1. Is that one of Nancy's quilts Gibbs is sacked out on? Whoever did it, I like it! Good colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice to have some nice sunny warm days coming up!
    Gibbs looks so peaceful and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are looking forward to some nice weather to stick around!

      Delete
  3. Nice day all round. It sounds like Bill is finding projects he can do mostly one handed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic of Gibbs. I find it so easy to overcook then over eat. If you think of it being both better for you and more frugal too, it makes getting used to smaller portions easier, at least it has for us. Haha, I might pick up some slightly smaller plates to psyche us out. Cool puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true about eating habits. Our plates are big too and sometimes i feel it doesn't look like much. Laughed at the psyche out line!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that Bill is managing to keep busy. It can be a trial to have a bored Hubby around.

    Gibbs looks very comfortable on that quilt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He'd be bored out of his mind if he wasn't able to use his arm at all. Small blessings.
      Yes, Gibbs loves his chair position.

      Delete
  6. Nice puzzle sis!πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete