Sunday, December 10, 2023

A Chilly Arizona Day, Finishing Things, Birthdays

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Dec. 9th we slept in. Gibbs didn’t wake his Daddy up until almost 7. I didn’t hear them at all and woke up around 7:20 feeling good. 😉 Bill had the furnace running as it was a chilly 55F/13C inside the Suite. We like it warmer than that, especially first thing in the morning while we wait for the sun to pop up over the neighbouring rvs.

Look at that clear sky!
Even when it is below 50F/10C, when
this sun shines, it is gorgeous no matter where you are!

I made my tea and played my games while Bill debated about flying. The winds looked to be a bit high for the planes but he soon decided and was on his way. Gibbs and I bundled up and went for our normal walk. I dropped him at home and went back to the neighbourhood. I didn’t venture into the desert but enjoyed the walk while listening to a few of my favourite tunes on my phone.

Heading (& groovin') back to the neighbourhood
again today

When I returned, I gave him a ‘look after the house’ treat, grabbed the last of our Christmas cards for mailing and went to the clubhouse. Susan and I worked on the puzzle this morning and while others bustled around us, Sheila making popcorn and moving chairs, Barb baking cookies and Patti manning the office and decorating, we finished at 12 noon, almost on the dot! It was a fun, easy one this time. We deserved that!

All done!

Bill and I had lunch and because I knew the Music Jam was on from 2 – 4, did some cleaning. Not much, let’s not get carried away! I dusted and Bill was going to vacuum this time. He got a bit distracted with his part of the chores as he had a delivery that kept him fully occupied for the remainder of the afternoon. 😊 He did ask a favour of me. “Don’t let me buy any more planes…………until I get rid of some!” Now you know what his delivery was.

I went to the gazebo, closed the zipper and that prevented that chilly wind from getting into my bones. I made a wise investment when I bought that shelter! I had some great ideas for rock painting from Nancy K so took advantage with the suitable sized rocks I’ve found. I loved the challenge and was pleased with the results. There wasn’t much else I wanted to paint so base coated a few more ‘soon to be’ ladybugs and came indoors.

A new idea and it was fun!
Thank you Nancy!

A cup of tea and then a really quick walk with Gibbs. I should have put a jacket on over my sweater. The temperature only reached 62F/15C today (which sounds ridiculous to you back home) but with the winds from the north, it felt colder than that. Brrr. Funny what your body gets used to. That’s what our friends here tell us after their Arizona summer heat. An update on my glasses order. I have contacted Zenni and received immediate response and they will be returned to me asap. ðŸ˜Š 

It was a delicious supper tonight!

I started my blog and played my afternoon word games before starting supper. Bill turned our power back on at 4:30 as I’ll be using appliances for supper. We had air fried crispy (yum) chicken legs, potatoes and creamy green beans. It was like a Sunday supper on a Saturday for us! We cleaned up the pots, turned the dishwasher on and settled in for the evening. It has been a nice day. We’ll be dropping down to 39F/3C so the Blue Flame heater will be set on low.



'Our' daughter out in Alberta
shared these posts with us today. 💖💖💖

Today is a special day. If my dad were still with us, he would turn 100 years old on this birthday. I'm sure he is celebrating up there with Mom. Cheers Daddy! 💘 Also, a very dear friend of mine (ours) is celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday, Brenda! 💖

Our youngest granddaughter,
Hadley, almost 3 years old!
She steals our heart with that little face.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by today.

11 comments:

  1. Those are some nice looking Christmas rocks you painted. Your youngest granddaughter is a cutie for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say you did much better painting those rocks than I did. GREAT job! Hadley is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those grandkids are adorable! I like the painted rocks too. My hands would not be steady enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the rocks. Thanks for sharing pictures of your 💓 cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet grandchildren. Love how you painted these rocks. Just the perfect shape for the paintings you did.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are sweeties. I had the pictures in mind this time when I searched for rocks. :) Is that cheating?

      Delete
  6. The Santa rock is cute and so are the pictures of your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete