Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Finished the Puzzle, Early Christmas Present, Hot Day

Park Place RV Park

Wednesday, Dec. 6th Bill was readying for the field when my sister and her hubby messaged. Thinking they were on their way here, we heard that the bad news goblins were at work on them too. LOL Sometimes it is really hard to keep our spirits up when things go wrong with our homes on wheels but other than offering to go to Buckeye, Az to offer support, there wasn’t anything we could do. John is very handy and can and did take care of the issue. They were on the road before 10 and arrived in the Q area around 12:30. 😊

Good morning!

We walk outside the park and it takes us by
the back side of Carol-Ann and Kobus' home.
Gibbs always stops and looks but their car is gone
so they have left for the flying field too. ♥

Bill left for flying and Gibbs and I went for our walk around the outside perimeter of the park. I sat and finished writing up the last 6 or 7 Christmas cards. I made my coffee around 10 to go to work on the puzzle and remembered that I had pork chops and steak to repackage into meal sizes. The steak are huge and very thick so one will easily do both of us. 5 meals for $15, can’t beat that!

at Fry's, we picked up on this awesome
deal on boneless sirloin steak. Right place, right time.

Then I went to the clubhouse, since Coffee Hour was over. We worked away until lunch time before parting ways. Bill and I had ham sandwiches again and then I wandered back. 

The clubhouse tree looks pretty.

We were all determined and, actually, made good headway. So much so, that we worked right through until 4:20 to finish it. Yes! Fist pump and all that jazz. Now we can put it away and any new puzzles from here on in should be easy, right? 😊

The lollipop puzzle is done! Yay!
One missing piece, maybe someone got hungry?
These tiny pieces made this a difficult challenge.
But we did it!

I noticed back at home that Bill had received our first Christmas present. FedEx brought it today. A bread slicer for our homemade breads, now pieces should at least be consistent. I also noticed I had an email about my Zenni (glasses) delivery. Seems I should never order things! It says ‘Return to Sender’ after this morning saying it was out for delivery. Grrr.

this will be great for my homemade bread.
i can't cut straight to save my life!

The sun was preparing to set when we walked this
afternoon.

It must have been tired because it wasn't the
best performance, although still pretty.
We reached a high of 77F/23C today
but it will drop off tomorrow again.

Johnny and Rich's lights are pretty.

Our candy canes don't want to stand up straight.

We drove to chat with Don at our mail depot and he gave us some ideas. Tomorrow, we’ll check again and then I guess I’ll be chatting with the vendor. Somewhere along the line, they’ve messed up the shipping label. That’s me, bummed out over another missing shipment. LOL Gibbs and I nipped around for our walk and then Bill grilled some sausages for supper. A filling meal, however easy too. This was a pretty good, just disappointing about my new eye candy.

Supper tonight was easy.
Good night!

Thank you for popping in.


10 comments:

  1. Gosh, I've never had that many packages sent back. Very disappointing. Nice bread slicer ... I've looked at them, but haven't bought one yet. Love the park Christmas lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with your sis and BIL. To be so close and have something happen has to be annoying.
    There are a couple of condos across the way with lights. My son is a Scrooge (and I say that as lovingly as I can) and doesn't want decorations at all. I do have my tree set up downstairs so I can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is a "bummer" about your packages. Nice bread slicer. Sounds Iike a good trip to Yuma. I do like the Benedict at the Black Bear. Glad to read Gayle and John made it safely.
    Deb Duchaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that your sister and BIL made it to Quartzsite. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the exact same bread slicer, also ordered from Amazon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete