Saturday, December 16, 2023

Quiet Day, Jello Plans Jiggled

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Dec. 16th we were up by 7. What a beautiful sky I saw when I first got up! The day read a bit warmer on the thermometer but with clouds that never really disappeared all day, it felt cool to me. Bill left for the field by 7:30 and Gibbs and I went for our walk. I didn’t have anything going on today so walked over to work on the puzzle for a bit. Adele and Susan came in later but played some pool while I worked away.

Sometimes you just wake up to this

And you can'tget enough

It is a fun puzzle, fairly easy, and I’m enjoying it. At 10 or so, Bill popped over to the clubhouse and asked if I wanted to go to walk around Tyson Wells with him. For those that don’t know, it is an area in Quartzsite, on Kuehn St., that is all ‘tent’-type vendors. Kind of like a flea market but permanent for the winter. There aren’t too many here yet but it was a good time of the day to check it out. Bill found a few bungie cords for back home and I found some things in the big food tent. 😊

By late morning, it was like this

We were back home just after 11 so I walked back to put a few more pieces in before covering the puzzle. At 2 today is the Music Jam and there isn’t a lot of thought put into ‘being careful around a puzzle’ by the musicians. Sheila had already covered up our table so I turned around for home. Bill had a doze with Gibbs and I prepared lunch.

A walk through Tyson Wells

You never know what you'll see out here
that people live in.

Vendors on both sides of the streets
but not too busy yet

I had Madame IP boil 5 eggs from the fridge and we had our last 2 with bacon for a change. Adele and Robert offered some eggs from the farm he works at so I accepted 6. I debated taking the 2 chair quilts over to wash but with no sun to dry them on the line, ixnayed that plan. The Jello jiggled. 😊 Bill went back over the flying field, they had the runway sprayed yesterday and they are waiting for it to dry.

Gibbs and I sat outside for a bit.
He slept and then guarded Daddy's new delivery.

It felt chilly in the Suite, or at least I felt chilly, so Gibbs and I sat in the little patch of sun on the patio for about an hour – or less. We came in around 3:30 and Bill wasn’t far behind. For supper, he will barbecue steak and we’ll have a potato and vegetables. There we go again with the Sunday meal on a Saturday! Ha ha!

Top picture - the afternoon sky
Bottom picture - the sun prepares to say goodbye

Our meals today.
Lunch and supper.

Last night, I watched the last 3 episodes of Justified, just couldn’t tear myself away, and it was soooo good. I’m sad it is over but I thoroughly enjoyed the series. I’m sure Bill will be watching movies tonight so I’ll see what I can find downstairs. This was a quiet but good day. Can’t complain about that!

Present earrings for the 4th day of Christmas.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the skyline pictures. Sounds like a quiet, enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your twelve days of jewelry! It's good to see the vendors setting up. Hopefully this year will be even better. That little abode would be a no. I need a few more amenities than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great sunrise pictures! I took a good sunset picture last night.
    Earrings look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunrise was lovely. Hope the sun shines for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunrise pictures are so pretty, we had a good one as well but I didn't take any pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is hoping that you had sunshine today. Yesterday you had a lovely day visiting the sales, and working on the puzzle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete