Saturday, December 2, 2023

Clean Sheets, Good Run at It, Silly Al’s with the Gang

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Dec. 1st we greeted the day and month with clear skies and dampness in the air. We’d had a decent rain late evening with some thunder and lightning before I went to bed. Desert dampness is hard to explain, it isn’t grass you smell but the aromas of earth rising like you’ve never smelled – unless you’ve been here.


Good morning!

What? That looks like a duck is walking Gibbs!
I didn't even have a hat on. πŸ˜‚

I slipped over to the clubhouse and put our sheets in the washer, and was the first to arrive. I had my blog to finish and after my tea, Gibbs and I walked.  Because there was no wind, there was a warmer feel to the morning yet it was still only 46F/7C. Bill left for the flying field with his Piper wing strapped on the back of Black Beauty for the ride. 😊 I hope he got a picture.

Another one bites the dust.
This one was started yesterday afternoon
3 of us worked on it.

After the sheets were dry, I went back and worked on the puzzle with the girls. Not surprising, after 2 ½ hours, we were finished. This was another fun one with familiar gardening stuff from our home on the Ridge. It was only 11:30 so I sat outside with Bill and Gibbs until noon hour and we had lunch. Today, I sliced and toasted the homemade bread. Bill had a tomato sandwich and I just had butter. It was tasty just like that.

Here Kitty, Kitty.
They need to be sprayed to give them a shine.

It was a warm enough day that I slipped out into the gazebo while Bill worked on planes (I say worked but I mean putter) and Gibbs played with Ken’s plastic bottle. 😊 I wanted to try a new design on rocks and was very pleased with how they turned out. I run out of ideas so I may just be making the same kinds over and over, it keeps me out of trouble! At 3:00, a different neighbour came over to chat with Bill about his planes – he does draw attention! – and at 3:45 we got cleaned up and drove to town.

Pina Coladas to start

A quick stop at the post office to drop a couple of birthday cards in the box and then to Silly Al’s to meet the group. We were first there and ordered a Pina Colada each while we waited.


Mmmmm, loved this one too.
(pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella, black olives,
mushrooms, onion and green pepper)
Of course, I have leftovers. ♥

Bill's favourite, Al's Hawaiian

 Tonight, I decided on a different pizza from my norm and tried Al’s Combo House Favourite. I’ll sure order it again! Good food and chats ensued and when we parted we agreed to meet them shortly at Roadrunner for a campfire. 

Here we are!
R to L:
Ken, Kim, Tom, Deb D, Riley, Deb K, Bill, me

It was a lovely calm, albeit cool, evening. Finding the way in the dark is a treat but with Bill’s ‘cookies’ on Black Beauty’s gps, we find it easily enough.

Half of our group star gazing.
I wasn't unbundling from the blanket to get
the rest. I was too cozy.

Lovely fire, Tom!

It was around 8:30 when we were headed home. The news today from my sister, Gayle and John, is good. They are making a good run and good time on their journey and stayed at Terre Haute, IN last night. Continued safe travels to them both. It was a warm enough evening for them that far north so that is always a bonus. This was another of those wonderful days. Here, there and everywhere with friends.



Good night!










Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.

13 comments:

  1. That you were able to get out an enjoy the campfire sounds like a real treat to me. I'm not a fan of olives but the rest of that pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun evening from the moment we sat down at Silly Al's until we watched everyone head home and Black Beauty's taillights fade into the distance. How lucky are we all to be living this life.
    Cute Kitty Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are lucky and we enjoyed the time with everyone very much.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love that pizza! Cute kitties! Sending you some designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about the desert smells, you know instantly you are back in the desert but you could never describe it to anyone who hasn't been here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitties are great! Pizza and drinks really look good! Rock ideas might work with Southwest designs. Turq. and coral would be pretty on dark rocks - the colors would really pop!
    For ideas Southwest-designs.com (pendants)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will check it out. I'm kind of stuck with small designs since there are no bigger smooth rocks here. πŸ˜‰

      Delete