Thursday, December 7, 2023

A Slow Start, Decent Game and Some Night Flying

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Dec. 7th it was around 7 when Gibbs and I got up. His second run at it, my first. Bill was downstairs resting in the dark. 😉 I slept well, not surprising, but after staying up until 11 last night reading and then watching part of a movie with Bill, I felt well rested too. I had a bit of a dizzy head again this morning but not so bad that I couldn’t move like last time.

Good morning

When i walked over to play pool,
I noticed this sun dog hiding in the clouds

I made the bed and got dressed easily enough. I came downstairs and Bill got out the blood pressure monitor. A commenter and friend suggested that this might be an issue. Because I know I was well hydrated yesterday with water, it was worth a shot. Bill made my tea and we checked to see that I was reading a bit low on the monitor. Not dangerous but a few points below my normal of 120/80. I sat and drank my tea after having a bowl of cereal with a ½ banana.

The fruit trees behind our park

Bill made sure I was okay and left for the field. When my tea was done and I was washed, I felt back to my old self. That was within an hour of getting up so Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was a beautiful morning, 50F/10C, and when we got back, I sat with the little bum for 10 minutes. It was Poker Pool time and I was grateful that I felt 100% again.

Nice to see family arrived safe & sound

There were 5 of us playing to start and then 6, when Dora returned from town. We were all playing well today. Susan is our pool shark though, well in the groove and showed us all how it’s done. I finished 8 points behind the winner so patted myself on the back when we packed up at noon. 😊 After lunch, instead of going back to  the clubhouse to start or work on a puzzle, I went out to the gazebo to paint. It was too nice outside to spend the afternoon indoors.

Where are they going?

Gayle and John were in town for fuel and water so popped around to see us. It was a relief to see them both, here, well and safe after their trouble on the road. We had a nice catchup visit before they headed off to run an errand or two and Bill and I got dressed warmly for the night flying at the field. Tonight is the first night for it. Bill was anxious and a bit nervous about flying his Night Timber as it was the first time for the lights.

The view from the flying field


Examples of night flying at dusk

Needless to say, he did awesome and made 3 perfect flights. My pictures aren’t as awesome but it is hard to capture moving planes! That is my excuse. We came home around 6:30 for supper. Bill suggested grilled cheese sandwiches so I tried Carol-Ann’s idea and air fried them. They took a little longer, as I had to do them one at a time, but they were very tasty like that. I’ll do it again. 😊



These are all pictures of Bill's Timber
and his flights tonight.

This is not a good picture but I wanted
you to see some of the bright colours
on the planes. This is Jim's.

We watched The Voice as I worked on my blog. I’d finished my book today and gave it to Gayle when she was here. She’ll enjoy it too. This was a good day!

Grilled cheese done in the air fryer.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

15 comments:

  1. Since it's not your blood pressure, have you tried a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Drink it all down fast and see if it improves things. Just a thought.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't determined yet that it is not my bp, since it is lower than normal. Thanks though for the salt idea.

      Delete
  2. I never thought of using the air fryer for grilled cheese, that is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either! Her air fr has 2 layers so can do 2 at a time. One slice first with the cheese, then add the top slice. Buttered on all sides, of course.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that your family is there, safe and sound.
    Night flying with radio controlled planes sounds like fun. I can imagine the sound of them buzzing through the evening light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maebeme.
      The night flying is fun to watch until we get chilled.

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of night flying. Fun to photograph them also. And that's a beautiful plane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the planes! Big fan of the lights also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salt in your water is a good idea all the time. I use sea salt, 1 tsp in a litre of water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that your family is safe and sound in the RV park. It will be nice to have them with you for awhile.

    My blood pressure is always low so I have no hints on how to raise yours. Hopefully things regulate very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie but they are not in the park they boondock it in the desert. Close though for now until they go to Mexico.

      Delete
  8. Have you ever checked your blood sugar levels when feeling bad?

    ReplyDelete