Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve Day

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Dec. 24th it feels kind of right that the day before Christmas falls on a Sunday. Mom always said it was a day of rest so no activity should be too strenuous. The day before such a busy one should give us all a chance to take things slow, do things we like and visit with people we love. In other words, do exactly what you want to do today. 😊

Good morning

So, we were up just around 6:30. Gibbs has been sleeping in for Bill, my Mr. Nighthawk who stays up so late. He left the Suite around 7:45 after disconnecting our power. The sky was looking to be clear for most of the day and that means good solar rays. Before he left, I sorted clothes and at 7:00, he walked the full clothes basket over for me to the laundry room. It was still fairly dark but the sky was pretty already.

Walking through Celia's Garden

After loading the machines, I returned to have my tea and wait for the next cycle. Being the early bird in there is a plus and when I was folding our dried clothes, Roger, another guest, came in to do his. Still early. They get the worm you know, if you are into worms. 😊 With the basket up on the bed and my clothes put away, Gibbs and I went for a walk. I was surprised that I didn’t need a jacket.


I donated my rocks to this collection.
I knew I'd find a place for them.

Because Bill had his Christmas t-shirt on this morning, I slipped into mine too and, leaving Gibbs at home, took a bag with about 8 of my painted rocks to Celia’s Garden. I wanted to surprise Bill at the field too, they are right beside each other. I caught him just in time, but walked the main road just in case, as he was all packed up ready to leave.

Who says you have to grow up?
A little silliness is healthy.

I headed back through the garden to drop my rocks and he left for Jim’s. He is making progress on repairing his plane. It is called the Something Extra and maybe that is why it needs some extra work. Did he not realize that when he bought it? Teehee, dry humor, yah I know! By the time I was ready to head home, the clouds had taken over the sky but I was warm enough in my short sleeves.

French toast - delicious!

Gibbs and I waited for Daddy to return and in the meantime, I sliced up the last 6 pieces of the homemade bread. It was getting old which meant more stale each day. Bill was still eating it in sandwiches, much more diligent than I was! Today, I wanted to finish it up and made French toast. This bread was so good in the recipe and I will do it again. Of course, butter and Durham-made maple syrup made it delicious!

Our Christmas photo for 2023

The squares turned out great too.
The colour is from the microwave so it's a
bit off.

We cleaned up dishes and after taking time for a personal photo shoot (Susan helped) Bill went back to Jim’s. I painted my toenails in sparkly silver and then made up another batch of Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Squares. No cooking recipes are my favourite. 😊 Gibbs and I went for a walk around 3 and then I wandered over to the clubhouse to see what was going on.

Gibbs and I went for an early walk this afternoon

Nothing, that’s what. The place is all set up nicely for tomorrow’s dinner but I didn’t see a soul in there, well, Barb was doing her laundry. They must be doing what I said in my first paragraph. OR! Perhaps they are inside preparing food for the meal. I’ll do mine in the morning. So, I chatted with Gerald outside for a bit and walked back home. Bill wasn’t home by 4, so I went upstairs to watch a movie with Gibbs.

Christmas dinner here tomorrow at 3 pm.

Burgers for supper, so the menu said. Haha. At 5 MT, we called my son, Patrick, and daughter, Bridgette. They were together with Chris, ‘the’ fiancΓ©, and my 2nd oldest grandson, Jacob. It was nice to chat to my ‘offspring’ and hear all of their voices. Their weather back home in Ontario, Canada is pretty mild these days. No snow but instead wet, muddy days. They won’t be getting snow for Christmas so travelling to their dads tomorrow will be good.

Cheeseburgers and coleslaw

Bill grilled the burgers at 6 when we both finished watching our movie and they were done quite quickly. We had some coleslaw on the side and it was all very good. This has been a nice Sunday, Christmas Eve. I hope Santa finds you!

A little boy is watching for Santa, I think.
Good night!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you for coming around. One more sleep, hope it’s a good one!

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Nice picture of the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice family picture but your solo pics where fun! Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Bill and Patsy, and Gibbs too! 🎁🌲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merry Christmas to you and Dean as well!πŸŽ„πŸŽ…

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas! Great pictures tonight. Hope Santa came to see Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, same to you!
      No worries about Santa finding Gibbs. He's pretty spoiled.

      Delete
  5. Love the new header picture! Have a wonderful Christmas day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great Christmas 2023 picture. Have a wonderful day πŸ’—.

    ReplyDelete