Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Quiet Boxing Day

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Dec. 26th when I woke up at 6:30, the boys had been up, out and Gibbs was back in bed beside me, sound asleep again. I never heard a thing. It wasn’t a late night for me, my usual 10 o’clock, but I went to sleep with Richard Geer in my head. 😊 I watched an old movie, one I’d seen before, Somersby. It is a bit of a mystery but mostly a love and survival story. Jodie Foster is the female star in the show and they are both so ‘pretty’.

Ran out to catch the pink clouds at 7 am

It was 7 when I came down to my sweetie and by then, Gibbs had carried his new stuffie down onto Daddy’s lap. I should probably have hopped into the shower this morning but it can wait another day, so I sink bathed instead and got dressed for a cooler morning. It was 41F/5C but with a clear sky I knew things would warm up fairly quickly. Happy Boxing Day, by the way! The big day is behind us for another year and a new year is just around the corner.

When Gibbs and I walked, 
the sky did not disappoint

After my tea, Gibbs and I went for our walk and as we were returning, Bill was dropping the garbage off and was on his way to the field. With no wind, it is a lovely morning for the guys to fly. I decided to start a loaf of bread so got it ready for the bread maker. I didn’t start the machine until about 10 because we were unplugged and the sun wasn’t high enough to bring us much solar power yet. I’m sure it would be fine but with me not being here, I didn’t want to take chances.

Today's puzzle. Fun, right? 😃

By noon, the two of us got this far.

I went to the clubhouse and Susan and I started this VW (volkswagon) puzzle that I brought from home. It was an easy border to put together and then the fun began. I love it! We made good progress until noon hour, in between chatting with Sheila and having a few laughs and stories but I had to walk back home a couple of times to get the bread started. I’m only going to knead it in the machine so we have a normal size loaf again. 😊 We are out of bread and it is better than buying some today.

My lunch with sour cream and salsa. 😋

Bill wasn’t home for lunch so I made myself an egg and vegetable quesadilla. It hit the spot and then I went back to the puzzle at 1. The ladies played Pokeno while I worked, slowly, at putting pieces in. I’m glad it isn’t easy or we’d be done too quickly. Susan joined me again when their game was done and we plugged away at it until almost 4.

When we left for the day, we'd done good!

Bill and Gibbs were done resting so I made a cup of tea and popped the bread in the oven. I shouldn’t have touched it, but when I spread butter on top, it flopped. Woops! Lesson learned, butter it before letting it rise. It still looks and smells pretty good fresh out of the oven. Neither of us are very hungry, the big meal yesterday still lingers, (not in a bad way though) it seems. He chose brown beans and wieners with some fresh bread.

I never know what to call these guys
but we see a few of them over the winter.

The evening sky was lovely.

Gibbs and I went for our walk before supper and we spent a quiet evening together. It was a nice day. I plugged our tree lights in because soon they will be put away. 

Bill slices the bread loaf. This was a good investment.

I’m so grateful for all of you and for the comments left for me. Reading of your memories that were special to you brought me joy. Things were tough for us too, a family of 8 in our younger years, yet we never seem to be without. You have brought up some wonderful memories of my own!

Kind of a poor man's supper, a choice.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas and enough delicious food to keep you from going hungry. That was a great idea asking people to comment with a Christmas memory. I may have to steal it; if I can remember it till next year...lol That puzzle does look like a little bit of a challenge...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things are called powered paragliders. A powered parachute as it were. My ex had one he crashed on his first flight. Not the most reliable! Love that puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson gave me a puzzle for Christmas, that he picked out himself. I'm looking forward to putting it together. It has trucks, not VW's, and the trucks are much bigger. I think it will be easier than yours! :)
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had a merry christmas and will have a happy new year

    ReplyDelete