Thursday, December 28, 2023

Clear Sky, Poker Pool and Puzzling

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Dec. 28th we aren’t far from the dawning of a new year. It is really hard to believe with the days zipping by so quickly. My friend, Jim, sent something to me this week that was interesting. The bottom line was that we, at our age, have been through a lot. We’ve done things over the past 8 decades (for me) that classes us as ‘unique’. ‘Our generation’, it said, ‘has lived through and witnessed more than any other, in every dimension of life’.

When Gibbsand I went out for our walk
this morning, I knew we were about to see the sunrise.

The article suggest that we should not stop doing something because of lack of time. Just do it, we’ll never get this time back and who knows when our time is up? “We are no longer at an age to postpone anything”. 😊 I love that. So, today I was up just before 7, washed, dressed and downstairs having tea with Bill and Gibbs. I took the little gapher for our walk and he behaved amazingly well while I stood and waited for the sun to pop over the mountains.

Just seconds apart but each one is different.

Ladies Poker Pool was at 9:30 and today only 4 of us were available to play. We took a long time to play our games but we had fun and parted ways at noon. The office was busy so Patti was pulled away a few times to respond to the public demand. 

Look at this patient little rascal, this pix looks to the east.
We were up on the top of a hill.
This has to be a catchall for rain but both Bill and I never thought
to check after the rainfall last Friday. Duh!

The western mountains and the moon were also waiting
for the sun to rise.

Bill and I had our lunch and then I went over to work on the puzzle. The boys had their snooze and my sweetie worked outside on his plane. When I left the clubhouse at 3:30, the puzzle was done. I was captivated and couldn’t walk away!

It has just been me working on this puzzle since 
Wednesday. It has been a fun one!
A good challenge for my sisters back home.

I made my tea and sat with Gibbs. Today, the sky is as clear as clear can be and we reached a high of 65F/18C with a slight breeze. We’ll be up and down in temperatures for the rest of the month, year, but we’ll enjoy whatever comes our way. Gibbs and I went for our walk and Bill decided he just wasn’t feeling like going to their night flying tonight. No worries! We’ll have a quick supper anyway and enjoy a quiet evening. 😊

After last night, no sunset
will be as spectacular! Ha!
Good night!

This has been a pretty low-key day. I hope you have enjoyed yours!

Thank you for the visit.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice way to spend a day. Enjoying life and doing so low key is not a bad thing in my book.πŸ˜‰..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Bill have very enjoyable routines in the desert. It's clear you've found a good place for your trips south.
    Enjoy these last few days of 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those pink morning mountains. Guess I'm going to have to get better at puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend Jim has the right attitude. We never know when our time is up nor what tomorrow may bring. Treat every day as your last and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete