Monday, August 12, 2024

Wakey Wakey! Early Birds Have Nothing on Me!

The Ridge

Last night, Sunday night, I went upstairs to the bedroom to watch tv at 7:30. I found a movie that ended at 9, which was perfect. Bill and I switched places for our entertainment so I could just go to sleep without moving. Bill found out that he didn’t have to work today. Here’s the reason for my early bedtime:

Good morning!
It was pitch black up here on the Ridge when I left
and you know how I hate the dark! 
Big girl panties helped. 😂

On Monday, Aug. 12th, I woke up at 3:45 am. Our bodies and minds can be pretty sharp sometimes. I had set my alarm for 4:15 to give me plenty of time to get up, washed, dressed and awake for my morning. Robin and Andrew had asked if I could ‘take’ them (with Mildred) to the Kitchener/Waterloo airport this morning. They wanted to fly to Newfoundland and leave at 5:30. Of course, I can help!

I am a bit of a morning person, but not a before the birds person, usually. So, this was out of the norm for me, to leave my boys in bed and creep out in the total darkness. 😊 I said my goodbyes here and drove to their place, about 8 minutes away. I was early, as usual, but waited in the their driveway until Andrew opened the garage door, revealing their Range Rover and Robin loading the trunk. Of course, little Mildred greeted me too.

Here we are, at the airport,
waiting for Mildred to piddle. ♥
I enjoy this couple very much.

Andrew drove the 99 km (1 hr. 23 min) to the airport. I sat in the back and enjoyed the entertainment. These two are such fun and with his English accent and humour, it was made all the more enjoyable. 😊 We arrived at 7:20 am, their flight being at 9:30 and I hopped in the Rover and drove home. I’ve never driven a push start vehicle before so there were a couple of brief lessons.

The drive home was easy until
I got closer to home and I felt quite tired.


It was a nice drive home but 20 minutes from Durham, the eyes got heavy. I was glad I was so close. I parked their SUV in their garage and drove Ptooties home. It was 9:00 and since I didn’t have my Mat keys on me, I had to come home first. Bill and Gibbs were outside emptying the black tank and I came inside for a crash nap. I know I slept off and on for about an hour and got up to make lunch. Food would be good since I hadn’t eaten yet.

Near Durham, I followed 2 vehicles,
each pulling 2 halves of a house.
Not ours, darn!
It would look nice up here on the Ridge.


They were really moving too,
faster than me.

We had bacon, eggs and a piece of toast (sour dough for me) and then I drove to town. When I returned, I wasn’t feeling too tired. At the same time, I knew I had nothing else on the agenda today and was happy about that. Bill was on the mower cutting the back field, berm and what he could of my area of grass. I stretched out on my gravity chair in the sun and relaxed. Gibbs was either on or under my chair.

The Range Rover backed in the garage
Ok, it's not perfect but Robin says 'It's fine!'

When Bill finished cutting, he went to the Hangar. He’d been busy too, cutting branches of some of the ‘interfering’ trees up here, fueling up in town, getting B.B.s new tires torqued and getting propane. I’d say we both put in a good day. It will hit me tonight, since I’m the one that can’t seem to drop off well enough in an afternoon nap. I envy Bill that ability.


I made my tea around 4 and started my book, I mean blog post. 😊 Not many pictures were taken today so forgive the chatter. I sat in my chair in the hopes of reading a chapter or two but didn’t last long so I played my afternoon games instead. Heh heh. Supper is fish and chips for Bill and fish and corn on the cob for me. It was very good. I was quite full so didn’t need dessert but Bill had some strawberry cheesecake.

Relaxing on this lovely afternoon.

Thank you, Sweetie!

A cold drink and a love bug,
what more could he ask for?

Today was a cooler day but still quite pleasant. Seeing the sunrise on the road was rare and lovely even though I was in a vehicle. We reached a pleasant high of 21C/70F and will drop to cool 10C/51F so will need our extra blankets tonight. This was a fun day. I enjoyed the different experience.

My meals are never very colourful
but they usually taste pretty good.
Cucumbers from M's friend and
they are quite good too!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. Gee Patsy you were up and around really early, I hope you Gibbs and Bill sleep soundly tonight
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all (lol) had a busy day. If you ever have to drive that early and start feeling tired, find a spot to pull over and walk around the vehicle a few times. That is better than falling asleep at the wheel.
    Nice looking supper.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Rick. I know when I have to stop, :) and I did stop in Durham before going home. :) Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Those push button vehicles ... they are a challenge. I have to actually stop and think about how to get the engine to start!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt actually have to start it, they left it running while they unloaded. ha ha, I hope it works, I may have to pick them up!

      Delete
  4. Goodness that was an early day. I do get up that early to catch flights but I get to sleep on the plane. I can't imagine having to drive for over an hour before having a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was entertained on the way to the airport and not too tired until I got really close to home. :)

      Delete