Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A Very Indecisive Day! Haircuts, Guests Arrive

The Ridge

On Tuesday, Aug. 30th I was up at 6:30 after a restless night. We didn’t have anything but the top sheet over us all night, if that, but the one window open at the foot of the bed just wasn’t enough to give me relief. I think Bill felt the same as each time I moved, he did as well. Gibbs was up and down, on and off the bed, so he was feeling it too. Therefore, 6:30 came early.

The earliest picture today
is of the puzzle
Almost done

I left for Durham at 6:50 and Bill left by 7:30 for his job site, in Durham as well. The Mat was in a state this morning, used dryer sheets, Kleenex and the “Don’t use me” notes were all over the floor. I don’t get it and I guess I never will. Pick up after yourself, that’s all we expect! Anyway, I finished cleaning, testing one washer while I worked and left for home before 8.

I'm terrible at selfies
but it's the 'after our haircuts' pose

I’d topped up Ptooties with fuel on the way in and therefore, taking advantage of the ‘low’ (heh heh) price of $1.56/litre before the long weekend and they decide to put them up – again. She was thirsty and took $59.30. 😊 I also stopped at the bank machine to take out cash for our haircuts this afternoon. Gibbs and I spent the next hour together and managed to squeeze a walk in between the rain returned.

The sky tricked us often today

It was a fairly easy day at the auto shop, for 2 ½ hours, I cut big rags into little rags. Old sheets, blouses, t-shirts etc. work well and M gets them from the Rethreads store in town. It is a monotonous job but easy enough and we use rags all the time on the job. The last half hour, I spent wiping, taping and covering the remaining windows of the Chev, including the newly replaced windshield. Remember that incident with the ‘hood vs windshield?’ Well, now it is brand new. 😊

When it was good, it was very good. 💓

I had taken a couple of pieces of cheesecake to M, and I was sent home with food that he’d prepared. He’d made some Elvis Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes and because it was too much for one person, he wanted to share with us. A very nice gesture as it means I don’t have to cook! When I arrived home, Bill was just coming up the lane too. He was also done for the day!

Company! Duncan, Bill and Gibbs

After lunch, Kaitlyn brought my August pay to me and we chatted briefly. One bark from Gibbs as she came up the laneway and he stopped with a whine. No other sound from him while we chatted for about 15 minutes. He’s a good boy and my prayer is that he learns quickly so we can get rid of the collar. We went in to the Bunky after she left, Gibbs laying beside me on the floor. No leash. I swear that he is becoming more of a home-body with this new collar. ???

Duncan brought me some clippings from a pine tree
in North Bay
They sell wonderful!

I drove us down the road at 3:30 to Bonnies for our haircuts. We were in and out within 30 minutes or so. That feels better. Before leaving, we made one last appointment during the week before we are pulling out in October. Duncan and Patty were just getting set up when we returned to the Ridge and grateful to Bill for plugging them in and turning the fridge on. He even made Patty some ice in her freezer! 😊

Their hot dogs are awesome!

We had Happy Hour around 5 and, once more, got treated to supper. Hot dogs and corn on the cob from North Bay. It was only fitting that I provided the cheesecake for dessert. We hung around in the Airstream until about 8:30 when we came home to Gibbs and removed his collar. He’s being a very good boy and is getting rewarded for it, pretty regularly. The rain came and went, as did the sun and clouds. Some clouds darker than others and the air cooled down considerably.

I was a piggy and had 3 pieces of corn!
Yum!!

Looking forward to a nice sunny day tomorrow, we said our goodbyes. Bill brought the supper dishes home and loaded the dishwasher. 😊 It was a lovely evening and we are happy to see our friends again.

Dessert
With full tummies, I say
Good night!

Thank you for the stopover to see what we’re up to!

8 comments:

  1. Your departure is coming up quickly. Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer has gone so fast! I can't believe you are counting the days til your departure. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has gone quickly. Before we know it, we'll be pulling out but enjoying every day as it comes. :)

      Delete
  3. You will be back on the road heading south very soon. September will roll right on by.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a handsome dude you live with!

    ReplyDelete