Saturday, August 6, 2022

It’s a ‘Good’ Friday with a Sad Goodbye

The Ridge

On Friday, Aug. 5th it felt wonderful that I didn’t have to get up at any particular time to go to work. 😊 I wished Bill could say the same but just one last day. I still got up around 7 so we could say goodbye before he left for work at 7:30. 



Then Gibbs and I went for a nice long walk. We turned right at the corner and carried on down the hill to the second residence on the right.





New road, new smells, dontcha know?

It was a nice morning, already quite toasty and I had to remove my long sleeve shirt. There was a lot of dew, everywhere, this morning but I had a plan to cut my area of the lawn before it got too hot.


Some plants are happy up here
Geraniums never let me down

Gibbs and I perused the property before company arrived

 I finished my tea inside and played my Wordle and Phrazle games. I let Gibbs out, off leash, while I got the mower out and within half hour, I had the grass looking spiffy.


It was calm so I later opened up the table umbrella
and put the awnings out
Gibbs and I sat in the shade to cool down

Not mentioning any names, but me sitting down
meant 'can we play catch?'

I’m glad I was able to get it gone so fast but even still, I was sweating up a storm! Gibbs was very good the whole time and didn’t wander farther than my visibility range allowed. 😊 He’s impressing the heck out of me. Once I cooled down a bit, I got cleaned up and chose an outfit for the afternoon Celebration of Life I was going to later. I touched base with Kim and Ken, our expected guests, and at 1:30 drove into Durham.

Patty and Duncan like their new sign
where the Airstream is parked

Ready for the Wilson's to arrive
Woops! I lost a button!

Jamie’s Dad’s memorial was being held at the Durham Cemetery so I made my way there. Early, of course, I found a place to park and seemingly started a trend for where every one else parked. It was hot and I’m glad I took my large Cancun sun hat and wore my lightest sundress. It was sure different seeing Jamie in a suit, when I hugged him I commented on how he cleaned up good. 😊 It was a beautiful yet very emotional goodbye as they laid Jim to rest. Later, at the Legion, his wife, Cheryl, came and sat with me to eat our lunch. I was no longer a party of one.

Driving into the cemetery is beautiful
So quiet, you'd think everyone was asleep πŸ˜‡

Typical funeral luncheon
So much wonderful food!
I did have dessert but no picture of that!

At 4:15, I said my goodbyes and drove home to greet our company. They were all set up and relaxing under their awning. We began Happy Hour in the shade of our trees by the fire pit and Bill wasn’t too long before he was home and joined us. Nothing says H.H. has to be only an hour and we seem to push that to the max when with our friends. Finally, shortly after 7, after a lot of catch up stories (I’m sure there are more to come!), we parted ways and went ‘home’ for supper.

While we visited at Happy Hour,
Gibbs was on duty

Hello Wilsons!
It's about time you got up here again! πŸ˜‚

For us, it was sloppy Joe’s on hamburger buns with a cob of corn each. That hit the spot. I knew my blog wasn’t going to get finished when I suddenly felt very tired, sitting at the computer. I guess my couple of drinks had a part to play in that! I was in bed by 10 and dropped off immediately. We’re happy to see K & K again, we’ve missed our get togethers.

The sun dropped like a red rubber ball


Pink was bouncing gently off the fluffy clouds to the southeast


The Ridge campout has begun! Yay!
Good night y'all!

This turned into a fine day and yes it does feel like holidays have begun! Thanks for popping by!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to have a camp out!
    You must get regular rains to keep the grass so green.
    Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot name....Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! Love Ken and Kim, such great fun people! Sweet of you to go to the Celebration of Life for Jamie's dad. I much prefer those than a real funeral, just too hard. Love the signs you made :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are fun indeed! From arrival to departure, we laugh a lot!

      Delete