Wednesday, March 6, 2024

A New Sweet Recipe, Flowers in the Desert

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Mar. 6th, we wake up to greet hump day. It was 6 when Bill and Gibbs went out. It’s still dark out so I’m glad I’m not the one getting up and out at that time! I stayed in bed until a few minutes past 7, that is early enough for me. Bill had a good morning for flying with minimal winds, if any, and left under cloudy skies.

Spooky Good Morning Sky

Gibbs and I went for our walk at 8 and it was a pleasant 57F/14C already, not dropping off too much over night. 

I've talked about green in the desert but
when I see bright coloured flowers, then I have to stop.
The yellow Desert Primrose just popped up overnight.

I believe the purple are Scorpion Weed
but they're still pretty (unlike the name)

I decided to make a recipe that popped up on Facebook this morning. It isn’t keto, far from it, but I knew Bill would like it – a lot. He deserves a treat now and then. 😊 They are the No-Bake PB Oatmeal Bars that I reposted a week ago. 

I don't know what they are really called.
I used dark chocolate chips so the chocolate was
harder than the rest of the bar. 

Okay, they were easy peasy and although the oatmeal base didn’t harden up as much as I thought they should, they were/are delicious!

My friend, FG, will appreciate this
Desert Chicory, i bet.
Sorry, the picture should be clearer. 

I put them in the fridge and walked over at 10 to work on the puzzle. The sky was left to do and with about 4 shades of blue and grey, it is challenging. I returned home at noon and went back for an hour and a half after lunch. I needed to take a break although I did make progress by putting in a few pieces here and there. LOL 

At noon, it was left like this

So, not a huge difference 90 minutes later
but a bit of progress

Back home I sat with my sweeties and then made a tea and sat in the gazebo to enjoy the warmth of the sun. I was feeling mighty LAZY. Gibbs and I went for our walk around 5.

the Bougainvillea are gorgeous
in this shade and also in a brilliant red

 For supper tonight, it was an ‘out of my head’ recipe with ground beef and using up some macaroni that wouldn’t fit into the cannister. Alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce, green peppers, onion and spices finished the dish off.  I believe my Minnesota friends would call it Ghoulash. 😁 I cooked mixed vegetables for on the side and we each had one more slice of the French loaf to finish it off. It was quite yummy! Of course, we had a sweet bar for dessert.

Supper was good for something thrown together
and there are leftovers for another night. 
Bonus!

I wrote this post and we enjoyed the evening together. I started into a new book this afternoon called Fat Tuesday by Sandra Brown. It’s a mystery, not a diet book! 😊 Had you fooled, didn’t I? This was a great day. I hope you are able to say the same.

How about a memory from
March 6, 2017?
Hiking with Jill.

A new acquaintance at
Lone Tree Hill blm, Lake Havasu City. 
We hiked round the mountain for 3 hours!
Good night, that makes me tired thinking of it! 😍

Thank you for popping in.

10 comments:

  1. The desert is popping with colour here as well. The Prickly Pear are popping out in bright pinks as well.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bars look so much better than mine. Very yummy if I do say so myself. GREAT recipe ... thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bars look really tasty.
    I can imagine how green things are this year.
    Might want to drag your feet heading home, the weather is going to be like a yo-yo.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rick. Yes, we will not be in a rush getting home - although we always seem to see one small dump of snow in April.

      Delete
  4. The bars look great!! :) I bought choc. chip cookies at Fry's ~ have 4 left!! I'm good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Chocolate chip cookies don't last long in this household - even when I try to hide them from Bill. Homemade or store bought. :)

      Delete
  5. The bars look awesome, I need to get some type of cookie or cake baked by the weekend for desserts for a bit.

    Love the bougainvillea I really miss mine. Might have to keep my eyes open for another plant. It will be one more in the house, but that is fine by me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. That's why made them, wanted something sweet for desserts.
      I love indoor plants too - used to have lots in our sticks and bricks home, as did Mom.

      Delete