Monday, March 25, 2024

Such a Nice Monday, Last Visit with Friends

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Mar. 25th I didn’t really hear Bill and Gibbs get up. I might have felt movement but it wasn’t until a few minutes after 7 when I woke up that I realized I’d slept through all that. 😊 I know there were dreams involved so it didn’t surprise me. I woke thinking of my sister, Donna, and that I should text her. Downstairs, with my tea, she beat me to the punch and we chatted ever so briefly.

Good morning!

Gibbs and I went for our walk around 8:15 and I left my guys a few minutes past 9 for Ladies Poker Pool. Only one more with the girls and probably one with Gerald. He reminded me this morning. There were 5 of us this morning, to play, and a good time was had by all. I came in second place today. Back home at noon, Bill was a dirty mess. 😊 He’d been busy greasing and checking tire pressure on all of our tires. Good job!

Not the best picture of a White Oleander
and more cactus flowers

We had lunch and then I walked over to work on the puzzle for a bit. Nothing had been done since yesterday so I worked away on my own. I returned home around 2:30, I think, and sat outside in the sun. Bill had taken a drive over to Jim’s for an hour and when he returned, he had a snooze with Gibbs. I sat outside until about 3:15 when I walked down to meet my walking partner. We should have started this months ago!

I worked on the puzzle before
pushing myself away. I didn't want to finish
it. 

Sheila and I did the reverse walk of yesterday and I was back in lots of time to take Gibbs for his walk. He chose a different direction again so I went with it. Thanks to our walk today and yesterday, I’ve met my steps goal each day. I did quick wash and brushed my teeth before changing into something fresh. We left Gibbs in charge and drove to Silly Al’s to meet our friends, Lori and Roland, for one last hurrah. 😊

A rum and Coke and some
margaritas with our pizza.
Yum!

These guys are such good friends and we never want to miss an opportunity for another visit. Even though we’ve recently enjoyed pizza at Outback Pizza, I still love my meat lovers pizza at Silly Al’s. The size is perfect so that I can bring 4 pieces home for a couple of lunches. We had a great time and said our final goodbyes for this season before returning home to our little buddy.

You tell me if we had a good time

Of course, we did!!
Lori and Roland began their full-timing journey
the same year we did. From Ontario, we met
in Arizona in 2016. 💖💖

Today was a pleasant day of 71F/22C with mostly blue skies. We won’t be staying up to see the lunar eclipse tonight at 12:53 am……..remember how well I sleep? 😊

Beautiful evening sky.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Ah it all sounds so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pizza!!!!! Hi to Lori and Roland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told them you said 'hi!' and they return the greeting, asking about you. ♥

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancy..we missed you this year . Hope we can meet up next season..🤗

      Delete
  3. I think it was cloudy over night but regardless, I hadn't realized the eclipse was last night. Thought it was sometime in April. No matter, as I wouldn't be awake either. 😄
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the solar eclipse is on April 4th, this was the lunar eclipse. I'm not into it all so had to be told. :)

      Delete
  4. Pizza looks good. You may have to that again this week. Everyone is slowly heading north. Hopefully, there's next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza was good.............maybe Outback, enough Silly Al's for us. Of course there is next year!!!

      Delete
  5. It is hard to say good bye to good friends. That pizza looks yummy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete