Tuesday, March 5, 2024

A Puzzling Kind of Day

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Mar. 5th we were all up by 7 again. Routine, ho-hum. ๐Ÿ˜Š Let me just say how nice that ‘ho-hum routine’ day is…..beats the time clocks we follow back home in the summer. Bill showered and went flying by 7:30. That is earlier than his usual only because it was a calm morning and the winds seem to pick up after 10. He wanted to get a couple of good flights in early.

Good morning!
what an interesting sky!

Gibbs and I went for our walk soon after. The little guy saw Gerald a couple of times this morning and it is obvious that he looks for him on the home stretch. With nothing else going on, I took my coffee over to work on the puzzle and made good strides on it today. It is quite enjoyable. For lunch, Bill had his sandwich and I had an old ‘schooltime’ favourite.

Campbells Bean with Bacon soup
I forgot I had a can in the cupboard.
Tastes the same as I remember it. 

My sister, Donna, might remember the soup days our teacher in the one room school house made for us. We lived in the country and she heated it on the old wood stove at the back of the classroom. I don’t remember why we didn’t take a lunch but it must have been just a day or two a week that she did that. Bean with Bacon was always my favourite. ๐Ÿ˜Š

One of the last pictures of
Goober in one piece.
Yup, he got pulled apart after lunch.

The sky will be tough but it's fun!

There is just something about palm tree
reflections. ♥

While the boys dozed, I went back to the puzzle and worked away during the Pokeno game going on behind me. After that was done, Sheila sat with me and we carried on, filling in pieces until 3:30. I’ll go back at it tomorrow again. Back home, I sat outside with Bill and Gibbs and played my afternoon Wordle games. At 5, I took Gibbs for his/our walk around the park.

A strawberry Daquiri for Happy Hour
made with strawberry vodka. Yum!

The sky cleared out mid morning

It was a beautful day, reaching 74F/24C

Supper was simple and delicious! Air fried butterfly shrimp and fries, yum. We cleaned up and settled in for the night. 

A nice supper.

This was a good day!

good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you about "ho-hum" days, they seem like such a luxury after a lengthy career. Love the shrimp & fries supper. The weather looks good for you guys - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm glad I'm not alone in this 'ho-hum' lifestyle! :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Well we knew Goober wouldn't live long!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, btw, Stuffy is still in one piece - but deserted in his basket. :(

      Delete
  3. Strawberry daiquiri looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bean with Bacon Soup and have a few cans in the cupboard. Ho-hum days are perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete