Monday, March 18, 2024

Pooling Up and Warming Up

Park Place RV Place

On Monday, Mar. 18th we were up with the birds….well, the sun at least. I don’t know what time the birds got up. It isn’t like on The Ridge back home where we hear a lot of birds outside. Depends on where you walk here. 😊 I do use my Merlin bird app to distinguish one sound from another.

Last night after I posted
the sky put on a performance

I've been missing the good ones
but this made up for that.

It was a nice morning, 50F/10C, and a slow-moving one. Gibbs and I went for our walk and then I cut a grapefruit and that was breakfast for me. I always have some of my yogourt too, just not together. I was the first to leave the house today, at a few minutes past 9. I walked over with coffee cup and cue stick in hand to meet the ladies.

This morning's sky
was equally as beautiful

Poker pool today consisted of 5 of us. A small but lively group. 😊 All final scores were 8 or less so we walked away pretty pleased with ourselves. I finished second for those who care. (Lorne) It was 12 noon on the dot when we finished and I walked home to have lunch with Bill. He was working on another project, near completion, so I made us toasted omelette sandwiches for lunch while he finished. Another nice job too.

Started a new one.

We all sat together inside, me with my book and the two of them snoozing beside me. I actually closed my eyes too at one point and may have dropped off for a few minutes. At 2:15, I walked over to start a puzzle. This one is only 550-piece and with larger pieces, shouldn’t take too long. There was no indication on the back that the ladies had done it this past summer so I started in on it.

Our afternoon walk



At 4, back home, there was more sitting with a book, a walk with my favourite furry companion and then a plan for early burgers. Bill began grilling at 5:00 and we were finished eating before 5:30. Monday night is our show night and they start at 6 pm MT so we need to plan for them. After clean up, NCIS and NCIS Hawaii kept us entertained. Unfortunately, they were reruns this week so I worked on my blog at the same time.

Bacon cheeseburger for supper.
Never disappoints.

This was a nice day. We reached a lovely high of 74F/24C today with higher temps on the way.

A memory from March 18, 2022.
Happy Hour with Tom, Deb, Nancy,
Gayle and John at Roadrunner BLM.
Good memories.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always welcome.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy those warm temperatures. It will be a while before they get up here.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Cooper!!! I was trying to figure out what top I had on! Turns out it’s Coop!! Lol. That was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy...lol. I see what you are saying.





    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you finishing 2nd. You will be wearing the crown soon. Actually who cares right! As long as you have fun. I will challenge you to a game of 8 ball if we visit you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't hurry home, it's snowing!

    ReplyDelete