Monday, March 11, 2024

Ladies, er, Gender Open Poker Pool, Special Birthday and Grandson’s Visit

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Mar. 11th we had a bit of stuff going on. Good stuff. Last night, I was a night hawk. I watched a movie called Aunt Mary until 9:30. It took place in the 50’s to 70’s and is a true story about a disabled lady coaching a little league baseball team. Played by Jean Stapleton, Aunt Mary was a likeable, strong-willed character. I enjoyed the movie.

Good morning

When it ended, I sat and finished my book. I couldn’t put it down and it was midnight (!!!) when I went upstairs to join Bill and Gibbs. I didn’t feel tired until my head hit the pillow and I know I wasted no time dropping off into slumberland. The most surprising thing was that this morning, I was awake at 6, dropped off until 7 and got up closer to 7:30. I’ll be tired tonight – early. 😊

Gibbs admires the Scorpion Weed


Bill left for the field and after I walked Gibbs, I went to the clubhouse for pool. Only Sheila and I were available to play today but we were gung ho. When Gerald came in to help us get set up, it didn’t take much (his crocodile tears were too much!) to invite him to join us this morning. We had a lot of fun and played pretty well, all of us. Gerald was winning until at 11:30, we invited another man to join in. Tony either got really lucky in our last 3 games or hustled us from the get-go. He went out and left us all with high scores. Were we hood-winked? Ha ha

Carter and Tia came for a visit.
Gibbs loved their attention.

At noon, we parted ways and after I had my lunch with Bill, I went back to start the next puzzle. No picture, I forgot. We’d made plans to have one of our grandsons and his girlfriend to drop over. They were down to visit her grandparents in Yuma for a vacation and coming to see us. Carter, Tia and Wayne arrived around 3 and we had a great visit for a couple of hours. It was nice to meet Tia’s granddad and Gibbs enjoyed every minute. Such a lovebug.

Family

Say cheese!

After they left, with lots of plans in the wings for the rest of their holiday, Bill and I drove to Moon Mountain mail for a couple of packages and then down the road to Mountain Quail café for supper. 😊 Bill had the club sandwich and I had the hot roast beef sandwich with fries. It was quick and delicious. We both left quite sated. I can feel myself starting to drag but sat and began to write my blog. Our programs are on tonight so this will be delayed until the morning – if I can stay awake.

Bill's club sandwich

My hot roast beef

This was a great day but I can’t forget to mention that our little Easton turns FIVE today! 

This little boy is growing up

Happy Birthday Easton!

He should have his card by now but since he wasn’t feeling good, we didn’t call. We’ll catch up with him on another day. Poor little guy.



Good night

Thank you for the visit with us today. Your comments are always welcome.

10 comments:

  1. So nice for you to have a family visitor! They get to see how you spend the other half of your year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! We've not had family down for a while. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Easton! I remember when he was born, these kids grow way too quickly! How nice Carter, Tia and Wayne came to visit! Cute couple! Great looking dinner, both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. It was nice to have visitors from home.
      Easton is growing up fast!

      Delete
  3. Easton is going to be a heartbreaker ... what a handsome boy!!! You mean you got snookered at pool? And that's why we don't let the BOYS play poker pool! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful visit! Nancy beat me to the Easton comment. It's been fun watching him change from a cute baby to a handsome young man. I hope he feels better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that your grandson and girl friend came for a visit. Family makes everything wonderful. Happy Birthday to Easton. I hope he feels better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, it was a great visit. Easton was feeling a bit better by day's end. ♥

      Delete