Thursday, March 7, 2024

Just a Few of Us Today, 25 Drops?

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Mar. 7th the highlight of my day would be our Poker Pool games. šŸ˜Š Well, I’m happy for every day here but you know what I mean. I enjoy our games. There was a possibility for some rain late last night and then again, this morning. Bah, I thought, as Bill tucked some things in the gazebo. However, last night around 10:30 there were about 25 drops……. enough to leave spots on BB.

Good morning!

I look all around me when
we walk, the sky tells a story in
every direction
this is looking west, then north

This morning, I was up by 7 or so and because of the clouds and chance of rain, Bill stayed home. After my tea and Gibbs’ walk, I took my coffee and cue stick to the clubhouse. As soon as I reached the sidewalk at the building, another 25 drops. Huh! Guess I was wrong. For one reason or another, there were only 3 dedicated players today. šŸ˜Š So, Barb, Susan and I set to it. We started off pretty good but all seemed to go downhill by our last game. I walked away The Big Loser.

I was doing that when I noticed this
small rainbow expand against the dark clouds.
Much brighter in person though.

Bill and I had lunch together and then I returned to the clubhouse to work on that sky in the puzzle. It will not get the better of me! I worked for an hour + and walked away with one section of blue filled in. Enough for today, I returned home at 2:30, surprising Bill. šŸ˜Š I thought I’d sit in the gazebo but there was a cool wind blowing in the door. The zipper is almost pooched so we’re leaving the door open.

The blue sky is done, now to finish
the clouds. I'll get there. šŸ˜

I was back inside sitting with my boys and I was surprised that I dropped off with Gibbs stretched out across me. Little love bug. At 4, it was time for a tea and then we went for our afternoon walk around the park. The clouds were off and, on all day, but mostly on, leaving only a few blue patches and minimal opportunities for the sun to make an appearance. We only reached 65F/18C which feels cooler in the shade.

Security duty, then snooze time on Mom šŸ’—

For supper, we went simple and just had the leftover ghoulash/mac casserole šŸ˜Š with a vegetable on the side. We’re back into warmth tomorrow again for another stretch before it really heats up. Yup, spring is around the corner. 

Our afternoon walk, east then west

At the suggestion of my daughter, I started watching a new series on Prime. Daisy Jones & The Six is fun and she had to tell me who the main character was. I recognized that smile but couldn’t put my finger on it. Elvis’ granddaughter Riley Keough and she’s good!

Leftover ghoulash. 

Not sure what the evening will entail. We’ve had a quiet but good day.

I was too lazy to run out for another picture.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

10 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your positive attitude! Have you heard from Nina (Wheeling it),
    she posted about a trip to the USA then no more,I don't use Facebook so can't look for info about her there.Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you so much! Nice to hear from you. I don't follow Nina so I can't help you there. I hope she is alright.

      Delete
  2. It was a nice day, as long as I stayed out of the wind. Tomorrow should be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that puzzle ... and the watchdog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to come and help me finish the sky on this darn puzzle! I love the picture though too so will forge on. :) the watchdog is a heart stealer. ♥

      Delete
  4. It is raining (100%) here today, so a good day to stay in. Btw, many of my comments disappeared yesterday, incl. the one to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully only a few drops here. We've had enough rain this winter. Sorry about the comments. I will check my span folder just in case.

      Delete
  5. Considering that at points during the day that sky looked pretty dark, I think you lucked out and the rain missed you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete