Thursday, March 28, 2024

Another ‘Last’, Dare I Say Hot?

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Mar. 28th I managed to get my butt out of bed by 7. Gibbs was waiting, as soon as I moved, he was ready with the kisses and face wash. He’s being a real goofball at night with the zoomies as he squirrels his way under the covers and then waits, squirms then waits. He’s just waiting to hear my giggle and then he moves some more. Gosh, I love this little guy and his antics.

Good morning!
I didn't notice when I took this pix,
but the ring around the sun is obvious.
A sign of possible rain

While I had my tea , Bill drove to Blythe Ford to check something out and then on his way home stopped at the field for a bit. Gibbs and I got out for our walk after 8 and yes, he got his Gerald ‘pets and tummy rubs’. What a little ham. I wasn’t home when Bill returned as it was my last day for Ladies Poker Pool. Sad, since I won’t be playing again until we return in November. I do still have a tentative game planned with Gerald but not likely until Saturday.

Just in time, the Ocotillo cactus
blooms full for me.

Once more, only 4 of us playing, and we managed to get 4 or 5 games in this morning. I tied for second place with Patti with a pretty decent 8 points. 😊 I sat with Bill and Gibbs outside for a few minutes and then we had lunch. I ate the last 2 pieces of my Silly Al’s pizza (3 days in a row!) and Bill had a sandwich on the French loaf. I had no need to go and work on a puzzle, the Grand Canyon was finished the other day and a new one had been started before I got a pix to share. This one I've done so have no interest in working on it. 

The ladies in today's game.
It was a fun finale for me.

Before we leave, I want to make more of the dinner rolls that I love. Goodbye waistline! They will serve me well for our lunches on the road. We relaxed in our recliners, reading and dozing and then I walked over to keep Sheila company while she did her laundry. My day is coming, I’ll get everything come Sunday so we have a ‘clean’ closet for our trip.

The sun this afternoon showed no ring.
Does that mean the rain is no longer
a threat? 😡

Gibbs and I walked late, around 5:30, but the air was so nice, he didn’t mind walking in the sun. I had mixed up the last of the thawed pumpkin and made a pumpkin cheesecake. Of course, that means heating up the Suite so I waited until we were turned on to electric and starting supper. Fish in the air fryer, chips in the deep fryer and the cheesecake in the convection oven. With windows open, the overhead ceiling fan and exhaust fan running, it stayed cool inside. 😊

I took a picture of our site
without the gazebo, table and barbecue.
I guess we're going somewhere. 

Everything was delicious and the dessert is for another night when we’re not so full.

This was a hot day, reaching 81F/28C with sunny skies and a light wind. What I call a perfect day. I finished watching the series The Village and started watching Anzac Girls the other night. I’ve also watched a few episodes of an old tv show that we watched as children, The Rifleman. How fun! I finished my book last night too so have started Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich. Should be another good read.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

Bill was first to notice the
Candy Floss sky to the southeast.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

5 comments:

  1. I missed the sunset tonight.... thanks for sharing yours
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days are ticking off quickly for your return home. Enjoy that heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds were a very pretty pink. Sounds like you are enjoying your last days in that spot.

    ReplyDelete