Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Good Day

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Mar. 14th we all slept in until 6:30. Gibbs surprised Bill by not waking him up an earlier. 😊 Good boy! No flying today, winds were up but more than that….it was chilly! With a high temperature forecasted for today of only 61F/16C and gusty 20- 40 mph winds, we didn’t expect to be outside much. I know back home, they (we) would welcome that in March but after 75F, nah, not so much.

Good morning!

Well, I'm being kind. It could have been
a better morning, weatherwise!

Bill had no plans today so after taking Gibbs for a short (brr) walk, I left them alone while I went to Poker Pool. I’m happy that Patti is back to join our game after a week away and although only her, Sheila and myself, we had great fun. It took us a long time for each game but managed to get through 4 and I walked away the winner, for once! The main thing was the fun we’ve have together.

Egg and bacon on a tortilla
Yum!

After lunch, I went back to work on the puzzle and things were falling into place, literally, quite nicely. Perhaps one more day will finish it. Sheila came over to the clubhouse and joined me in conversation while she worked on her Diamond Art (?) craft. It’s a neat little project that she’s working on. We walked out together at 4 and went our separate ways. Darn wind. It didn’t get near as gusty as they said it could so we didn’t have to pop the roof down at all. 😊

One more day, maybe.
Lots of odd shaped pieces but it's been fun!

I took Gibbs for a walk after my tea AND after him crawling up my tummy and staring at me. I knew what those brown eyes were saying as he looked from me to the window. Okay, okay, let’s go! It had warmed up a bit since the wind died down and our walk was a good one around the park. He did protect me from that old tractor/backhoe in the storage area. Thank heavens he was there to bark at it, keeping me safe.


Our afternoon walk was still cloudy
but some sunny breaks





I’m well into this story I’m reading so sat and read for almost an hour before starting supper. One last, very thick, sirloin steak needed to be eaten so Madame IP cooked it up nicely in 20 minutes. Probably 15 would have been enough but it turned out just fine and it was big enough to share. Bill ate the last of the mashed potatoes with corn and I had the last of the squash from the fridge. The cheese bread from Coyote Fresh looked so good that we each had a slice for supper.


Supper was good.

I’ve enjoyed the day, the time spent with friends and my two boys. We’ve got a couple of cool days again before the heat comes back so we’ll find indoor things to do that will keep us busy. I hope you’ve had some good weather today.

Like I said, some sunny breaks! Yay!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for good company and good conversation

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puzzle didn't last long!! Say Hi to Sheila for me. I've been wondering about that diamond dot thing. The pictures are very nice ... I just don't know where I would hang them. Hope the sun comes back for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! The Diamond dot art is interesting and Adele showed us a bookmark set today. That would be worthwhile to me.

      Delete
  3. Patsy our winter is wonderfully mild! Warm temps no coats but we had a bit of rain here and there I think we have become the Florida of Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we've heard!! That would be nice, although it must be very strange. 😁

      Delete
  4. Little Cindy would look at me intently and then turn and look at what she wanted. Dog's communication skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuo, that's exactly what he did, with only his eyes moving back and forth.

      Delete
  5. We get your weather the next day, so that is what we are having today. Hope the sun will be out in full forth soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness you are finishing that puzzle very quickly. Must be an Ace puzzle doer.

    The wind was quite brisk today so caused the "feels like" temperature to be much lower than the listed temperature.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, just time on my hands, i think.
      Same here with these winds. It didn't feel at all like the 16c we were reading.

      Delete