Friday, March 8, 2024

Lovely March Day, Visitors!

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Mar. 8th we were all up by 7:15, me being the last one. 😊 It was so nice and cozy in bed and the dreams just kept coming, keeping me in slumberland. We had our ‘breakfast’ together, cereal for Bill, tea and yogourt for me. Bill left for the field to try and get a flight in before the winds increased and Gibbs and I went for our walk. The sun is so warm, even at that time of the morning. It was 51F/11C already at 8 am.

One more picture of the Scorpion Weed
to celebrate International Women's Day
(purple, green and white)

Gibbs waits for Daddy to get out of Black Beauty
It's a hair blowing day today. 💕

I hung around until almost 10 before going to work on the puzzle. The pieces are all the same shape so I’m not getting any help with this, the most difficult part. Normally, I could sort into shapes but……not this time. I managed a few pieces but that means a five or six and I walked back home shortly after 11. I’ll have to work on it in bits and spurts so I don’t get frustrated. Gibbs and I sat outside in the sun, and wind, until Bill came home and then we had our lunch together.

And a sitting in the sun day

The northwest wind was cool, especially when the clouds moved over the sun but it wasn’t too bad at all. At 1, our visitors arrived. Doug and Yuma pulled up in their Jeep. 

Happy campers, right here!

It’s nice that he is in town, just down the road actually for a couple of nights and very nice that he included us in his visiting plans. We enjoyed the covering of the gazebo and once Gibbs and Yuma settled down, (oh, I guess you’re okay), we had a great visit for 2 ½ hours. 😊

Gibbs and Yuma whisper to each other
almost at the end of the visit.

Before they pulled away, Doug unloaded a propane fire pit and ‘accessories’ that he has been carrying around for a few years. It’s ours if we want it! Yes, thank you! It is bigger than the one we had, from Suzie, and if we don’t use it here in the next 3 weeks, we’ll put it to use at home. 

Gibbs checks out Doug's gift

See you next winter!

I had my tea and read a couple of chapters in the gazebo before taking Gibbs for his/our walk around the park. For supper, we had barbecued sausages, potato and vegetables.

The sky cleared out by 1 o'clock


At the west end of the park,
this is where we take our late afternoon picture.

Well, I wonder who Mr. Gibbs is looking for?
this is his buddy Gerald's home.

We reached a sunny high of 71F/21C today and dropping below 50F/10C for a couple of nights. This has been a good day.

A good supper. I skipped the potatoes
tonight.

A peek out the west facing window.

Last night, I watched an old movie that you’ll remember. La Bamba the Ritchie Valens story played by Lou Diamond Phillips. It was good and as usual, I didn’t remember seeing it before although I’m sure I must have. 😊 Not sure what I’ll find tonight.

Let's take a look at what my sister was up to today.
A stroll up the laneway at the Ridge shows
NO SNOW! It looks like some raking will be
on the agenda when we return though. 😂

And the geese have returned early. It isn't even spring yet.
Lovely!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

16 comments:

  1. Well, that was nice of Doug to give you his propane fire pit. I'm sure you'll make good use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me and Yuma over today. It was great to get back together again on your home turf. Great pictures, Patsy. I need to practice with my phone to get those sunset shots. See you next year, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, Doug! It was great to see you both. thanks again for the fire pit, we'll get good use of it at home and here next winter. Next year for sure!!

      Delete
  3. Fun to meet up since Doug has been tied up for awhile. Glad he's back on the road. I can't believe the Ridge has no snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice to catch up once more. I know, The Ridge is looking good.........but we're sure it won't last.

      Delete
  4. How nice you got to spend some time with Doug and Yuma! You know we love our firepits and that's a great size and so easy! Sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we enjoyed the visit very much. We'll make use of his gift. :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the visit with Doug and Yuma.
    Winter in Ontario has been totally different than normal, with roller coaster temperatures and precipitation. We're expecting Flurries tomorrow, but they'll all be gone on Monday.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a great visit.
      Temperatures everywhere have been strange. Hope the snow continues to depart quickly when you get it. :)

      Delete
  6. Lucky you. You saw Doug, Yuma and received a gift. I really Ike our propane fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you'll miss them this winter. Doug is a super nice guy.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, this winter you guys got very little snow... We on the other hand over the last few months got lots. Hope that you can just drive right in to The Ridge and not have any problems. We love our propane firepit, and have it on the deck for those cooler spring and fall nights when we don't want to start the firepit up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting weather. You may have a drier summer than us, without much precipitation up home, could be wet.

      Delete