Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Pool Fun, Parker Shopping

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Mar. 4th the Richards family was up and ready for the day by 7. Bill was finishing up in the bathroom when Gibbs and I slipped out for our walk. He was gone to the field by the time we returned around 7:45. It was another clear morning and, thankfully, the winds had died and our gazebo looks like a gazebo again. 😊

Good morning!

Sometimes, we need to use the 'boyfriend' to help
us reach a shot.

I played my online Wordle games and then took my cup and pool cue over for our games at a few minutes past 9. Four of us played today and although our games were long, we made a lot of great shots! It was fun as usual. Sheila and I tied for the win, Patti not far behind and Barb a couple of points after her. Very good, ladies! When I returned home at noon, Bill had also just got home so we had lunch together.

A comfy position
Too comfy? I fell asleep!

A nice drive to Parker
I love the open expanse of the desert

First time here at Walmart but our second
time to see this gps monitored floor cleaner.

We stopped at this place to check out their
wood products. No sale.

Today, was a shopping day and after a snooze (we both dozed – him inside and me out in my gravity chair), we drove to Walmart in Parker. I didn’t expect I’d drop off but that sun was so beautiful, it couldn’t be helped. I haven’t started another book so there was nothing keeping my attention. We managed to find everything on the list and I stocked up on my yogourt.

Okay, now that's pretty!!

Look but don't touch?
I'm sure Bill would love this sitting in our lot!

Our time is getting short and I know I won’t find it at home. The ‘use by’ dates are usually so far out on cream and yogourt that I’m hoping to take 2 or 3 home when we leave here. Between that and my seedless keto bread, other items are not hard to get on the journey or in our home area. 

A green landscape...............from a distance is okay.
But you know what? I prefer the normal brown of the desert.
The weeds along the highway and in our campsite (it's not grass)
are messy to me.

We were home by 3:30 and found homes for the food items. That’s always good! 😊 However, the freezer is stuffed.

We sat together until supper time.

The rest of the day was quiet, sitting outside on the patio together. I needed my jacket for my arms as we were in the shade and air temperature drops quickly. We did reach a lovely high of 70F/21C and it was actually, a perfect kind of day. Gibbs and I walked before supper and Bill grilled us a couple of pork chops. I fried the leftover potatoes, heated the gravy and cooked us our vegetables on the side. It was a great meal.

Yummy!

I didn’t even start my blog last night because Monday is tv night. The Floor grand finale first, NCIS and then NCIS Hawaii were on the agenda. All shows we enjoy. Bill put a movie on downstairs and by 9:30 I was dropping off enough to go to bed. The end of another wonderful day!



There were prettier pictures to be had 
but
 I got too involved in our tv night. 😃
Good night!
Thank you for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. Another lovely day you had. I hope to take a nap in the sun by Thursday by the pool. Temps in Ft. Lauderdale are forecast to 27C/80F and am so looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been up and down all over the place here, while you enjoy stable warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you've had a decent winter...........trying for the bright side here. :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like that gravity chair is a great place to snooze or read. Might have to check them out here for this summer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to bring mine down here. Bill even talked about one! We used to have 4, sold 2 and then sold the last 2 to my sister just this summer. LOL

      Delete
  4. Ha. Never heard it called a "boyfriend" at the pool table, but then it's been 50 years since I played. It was known as a "cheater" then. I suppose they could be the same thing...sometimes. Lovely looking supper you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, we tease Barb as she is a single lady, She lets us use her boyfriend on occasion. Is that cheating? haha thanks for the chuckle

      Delete