Saturday, March 16, 2024

What the Heck? Some Pool to Pass the Time

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Mar. 16th we officially began the down slide to the end of another month. I can’t believe how fast time flies! It isn’t as if I’m busy – things are pretty slow in my world down here. Anyway, that means we are down to 17 days here in the park and we have mixed feelings about that. Of course, we are loving it here but at the same time, knowing we have to, and want to, return home, puts us into that mind set too. In a week, we will probably be ‘itching’ to get on the move.

Good morning!

This morning was calm so Bill had in his mind to go flying. The sky was lovely, clear blue, and although a chilly 46F/8C, in the sun it felt quite nice – to start. Gibbs and I went for our walk at 8 after Bill left and back home, I got the vacuum out and chased the little bum around the Suite. Well, not intentionally but he just moves constantly to get out of the way. With that put away, he apparently wasn’t safe yet as when I got the Norwex mop out to wash the floors, he still felt the need to move from bed to chair and back to bed again. Poor little guy. 😊

We're getting there with the
Ocotillo bloom

I was done my jobs for the day, wait, I did empty and carry the garbage over to the bin as well. A lady in the park was purging too and she left a bag full of Janet Evanovich books in the library here so I wanted to get a few of those for reading on the way home. My mystery novels have been read and moved down to Bill’s shelf for his turn. He isn’t reading this winter though so I may be taking them out at home.

That kind of a day

While over there, I put the puzzle away and kind of chose the next one. First, I’ll see if the other ladies did it over the summer. We need ‘new-to-us’ puzzles here, I don’t want to redo the same ones, might have to search for a swap-mate next winter. Gerald was passing through the clubhouse so I asked if he wanted to play some pool, which offer he happily accepted. I’m sure no challenge for him but he is kind enough to play along. 😊

And rain, again. Blech.

We had fun for about 5 games of 8-ball (I think it's called) and I returned home at 11:30. Bill didn’t have a success story after his morning so was working on a plane when I got back. I sat out with Gibbs, the sun was quite nice, until noon hour. After lunch, I boiled eggs for a potluck tomorrow and then made something for dessert. I don’t know how many will show up for the meal so didn’t make an abundance this time.

Shouldn't we be walking, Mom?

Sorry for the blur but I had to be quick.
Bill wipes Gibbs' feet, 1, 2, 3, 4
before he walks on my clean floor. πŸ’“
He lifts each one on cue. Smart little rascal.

The air had changed drastically by mid afternoon as the clouds moved it and even brought some light rain. Geesh! Bill went up for a movie and Gibbs found comfy spots to snooze upstairs and downstairs, sharing his cuddles.  

Have any of you read her
Stephanie Plum novels?

The rain canceled our afternoon walk too. For supper, we’re having leftover rice and shrimp with a vegetable. At least that was what we last discussed. 😊 I’ve got a new book to start, one of the J.E. stories called Ten Big Ones. I’ll let you know what I think.

This was a great supper.

We might have reached 60F/15C today but I highly doubt it.

The other day, I took pictures of the
orange flower down the road.
This is what Google Lens shows it as.
Orange African daisies. Who knows?
Good night!

Thank you for the visit. 

6 comments:

  1. I've read all the Stephanie Plum books I could find and very much enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mop the floors?? Just kidding ... your house is spotless!! I'll see if I can find any extremely difficult new puzzles for you pros to work on. I can't believe how fast you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're funny! Occasionally, i get the mop out.
      Not too difficult, each year my brain gets older!!

      Delete
  3. Do you ever get an itch to get back up here to cooler temperatures, or could you just stay down there in the heat forever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do look forward to getting home but not to anything white or colder than 15C!!
      Couldn't stay here in anything hotter than 30C. We like spring and early fall at home.

      Delete