Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Wet Cool Day, Spring Weather? Playing Along

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, the Ides of March, Bill was up with Gibbs at 6:30. They are both sleeping in a bit this week. I knew they weren’t outside long and that was the indication that it was raining. Gibbs does NOT like the rain. Just time for a piddle before he turns back inside. Daddy is off the hook for a walk this morning. 😊 I got up and my tea around 7. There was no walk with Mom, either Still raining.

Our view this morning
and most of the day

Bill had planned to take advantage of the cooler, wet day and drive to Yuma. We needed some wood from Home Depot for a project will tell you about when he gets it done. Something necessary before we leave the park. I opted to stay behind with Gibbs and gave him a small list of grocery items to get from Fry’s. For not being the cook of the house, he doesn’t mind grocery shopping, in fact, he is quite good at it, following the list exactly, where I tend to deviate.

Before dusting, my top cupboard.
Sorry, should have taken a 'before' pix (it was a mess!)
Emptied stuff on the bed, sorted, purged and disposed of things.
Bottom right, much much neater.
btw - the picture on the back wall is one of few
with me and all of my siblings. 💕 (maybe '80's)

I sat with Gibbs and read my book. It is hard to put down but there are other things I like to do as well. This morning, I began the ‘purge/pack’ process and removed everything from my small bedroom cupboard. We each have one over the dresser, on both sides of the television. Mine was not as tidy as Bill’s so it needed to be dealt with.

A sloppy job but I had to which ones I wanted to keep.

I had a lot of nail polish and some colours I would not wear again so after testing a few of my favourites, just to be sure, I started a donation bag. I had some Jasper beads from a broken bracelet and some little peace signs for crafting and sunglasses that went in there as well. I took the bag to the Free table and finished the puzzle while there.

The sky changed numerous times
during the day

The rain left quite a few puddles too

Complete!

I was happy to see them disappear late in the afternoon. 😊 The cupboard looks a lot neater now and I even packed away some ornaments I had set out on my dresser. Bill would be away most of the day, and was even more delayed by a fatal accident causing him to find an alternate route home. I knew he’d get himself some lunch somewhere before heading home.

The mountains are black under the shadows

I had 95%decided to join the Pokeno games this afternoon at 1 so walked over at 12:45 after having a ham sandwich. There were 8 of us and after getting it straight in my head, I had much fun! The ladies around me helped me check the card and I surely would have missed out had they not!

What thunder?

I was getting better near the end and came home with a marginal profit. Good, I could pay Bill back the $1.60 (pennies) I borrowed from him. 😊 He’s collecting them for a different reason and now I have my own to add to. It was still raining, off and on, most of the afternoon so Gibbs and I didn’t get out for our walk until after my tea.

Blue sky, black mountains, white puffy clouds, shadows.
All make lovely pictures.

Chilly day, only 59F/15C and lots of black skies, some thundering and even hail. We have a lot of puddles to walk around but it all stopped by 5. For supper, I had Madame IP cook some pork ribs and I cooked rice with vegetable soup on the stove. That was enough and there is rice left for another night. It was good even though I didn’t put them on the Weber for a bit of browning.

Just after our supper, I remembered
to look for sky pictures. Probably missed the best part.

Bill went upstairs after we cleaned up and I wrote this blog. I will likely finish (or come close) my book tonight rather than watch tv. We’ll see. This has been a good day and I’m glad I pushed myself to play a new game with the ladies. I’ll keep saving pennies. 😊

My day's winnings. I guess I can play again. 😃
Too bad Canadian pennies weren't welcome since
they are no longer used. 
Well, sorry for the delay, my laptop was soooo slow last night.

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I always feel good after I have purged stuff that I never seem to use but just seems to accumulate. Catching up...lol Happy Belated Birthday, Gibbs. Looks like you had a good day. That 1st picture you captured on the 9th of the sun, wow! How special to have a visit from your grandson. I am missing seeing the Ocotillos bud thanks for sharing. Not sure I would ever want to tackle a puzzle with pieces all the same...lol All and all sounds like your time there is slipping by wonderfully. Hugs
    P.S. If you could send me the information about the app to identify wildflowers I would really appreciate it...🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Our time is going fast but great times too
      I've pm'd you how to find the app. It's actually Google Lens, I think it is called.

      Delete
  2. I am rather holding back on decluttering this month. Rather I am using up or finishing projects. I am flabbergasted over how many unfinished projects I really have. Next month I plan on doing a bit more decluttering, or at least I hope to be.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to me to be one of the most organized people I know. Credit is due for what all you accomplish!

      Delete