Monday, August 28, 2023

Helping our Sister, Summer is Back

The Ridge

On Monday, Aug. 28th Bill was up at 5:30 for work. With a great forecast, his plan to take Jazz came to fruition. Gibbs and I got up at 6:15 to see him off. I had my tea and then had my shower. Bill and I have a set of bathroom scales and the only time we weigh ourselves is when we have our showers. I’m not sure about the rest of the world, but our showers are not daily unless we have been into some heavy duty jobs. 😊

Our morning walk
Gibbs checks out the pond
The real sun and its refletion

Lately, well, since Bill has been off work, he has been dropping weight at a nice pace. I think he has a special bond with those scales as mine hasn’t budged until the last couple of weeks. I’m happy to report that although he has lost almost 10 lbs. (although we’re not able to figure that out!) I have at least lost 2. It makes me pleased to see the lower side of a number that I’ve been hovering around for a few years. No change in clothing fit but still, it is going in the right direction.

My drive to Chatsworth

I left Gibbs in charge at 8:15 and drove Ptooties into town to fuel up. She ate up a lot yesterday pulling the cargo trailer so now she’s topped up again. From Durham, I drove towards Chatsworth to Gayle and John’s. Donna and I offered to help her pack up some smaller things as well as help her finish cleaning out cupboards, dusting ceiling webs etc.

Returning home, I noticed the first
bloom of my hibiscus.
It's about 7" wide. 💖

We met around 9 and finished up around 12:30. A job well done and although it didn’t seem like we did a lot, it was very much appreciated by both of them. I must have done something because I felt quite exhausted when I got home. I can only imagine how both Gayle and John must feel after a month of packing and slugging furniture and I’m 6 years their junior!

I love the spiraler (?) for the zucchini.
She had green tomatoes coming out the ying yang.
If you know what I mean!

Gayle sent Donna and I home with a few green tomatoes, 2 peppers for me and a zucchini each. Her garden is flourishing and they leave that home on Wednesday. Back home, I fried an egg with bacon and spiraled zucchini and had a couple of mini pitas. That was quite tasty! 

Yummy.

I cleaned up the dishes and relaxed with Gibbs. I tried to read but my eyes were heavy. I felt like baking after I got up so made us a keto cookie pie. I was missing desserts and this is a ‘good’ one.

Gibbs and I went for an afternoon walk
around 4:30
The roadsides are ablaze in purple.

My entertainer in full swing.
He just dropped in the grass, bottom right.
Rolled around on some smell he picked up on, top right.
Then he stopped, left picture, waiting for Mom to rub his tummy.

Bill was home around 5, we sat at the picnic table waiting for him to park it in the shelter. Someone’s little tail was just-a-going, waiting. We just relaxed together for an hour and then started supper. Grilled bacon cheeseburgers but because we only had one bun, I had mine on a tortilla wrap. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed them this way without so much bread. Don’t get me wrong, I do love the whole package! Bill loaded the dishwasher and then made his lunch.

My wrap burger was quite good!

I need the car again tomorrow so he’ll be taking Jazz again. We should be good for another decent forecast. 😊 The evening was quiet and after my blog I read my book. Gayle and John will be loading their furniture and boxes into a borrowed 27’ cargo trailer tonight with the helping youthful hands of my nephew, niece and a couple of friends. Their house will be empty when they leave or close to it. They are spending the night in their Montana here on the Ridge. 

The pie turned out great, sweet
enough and only 8 g carbs, 6 g protein,
25 g fat and 5 g fibre.
My kind of dessert!

They will be so grateful to be done with the packing, unpacking and trips back and forth. We’ve all been there, done that, at some time in our life and know how all-consuming it can be. This has been a good day. We reached a lovely high of 23C/73F with very little wind. 

3 years ago on this day, Black Beauty
got a new windshield after a stone chip.


Plus, we went out for supper for Gayle's
birthday.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

6 comments:

  1. Yup yup ... that moving thing is a terrible task. So much relief when it's done. I'm not there yet, but soon!!! Don't you just hate that men can say I need to lose a little weight and ten pounds just falls off??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually looking forward to the packing and moving part of this journey. It's the showings and waiting that is driving me nuts. :)
    Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to handle the bun issue with a burger, I wouldn't have thought of using a tortilla. Looks like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete