Friday, August 4, 2023

Running M Into Town, Kim and I Thrifting!

The Ridge

On Friday, Aug. 4th I had committed myself to taking M into town for his beer and grocery run so after Ken and Bill left for the flying field (to look for his plane), I drove over to pick him up. We weren’t much more than an hour and then I asked Kim if she’d like to go into town thrifting. We have 2 second hand stores and one vendor’s market that I thought she might enjoy.

A walk down North Line under
mostly cloudy skies

We had a nice scout around and I popped into the bank to deposit some cash while there. It was 12:30 when we were on our way home and had to make one last stop at Robin’s garage sale. I managed to find some puzzles and books at decent prices so they should keep me busy (as if I need more books!) for a couple of months. 😊 Kim also found a few things which I felt good about since yesterday in O.S. was a wash for her.

On the way back, Gibbs waited while I took
pictures of approaching our new entrance gate. 

The boys were back from the field with sad faces but they didn’t make too much of an attempt since the drone was no help in giving them a good area to start. No point in walking the corn field this morning. We had lunch and a bit of a doze before I took my book outside. This was a nice day but the darn wind was pretty gusty late afternoon. It made sitting in the semi-shade a bit too cool. We should have moved to their sunny ‘patio’ earlier.

Now I have 2 locations for Moonflowers
the one on the right is the latest transplantee
from Gayle

During Happy Hour, Bill and Ken watched
the Claas combine in the field behind us

If you look close at the first picture,
you'll see he has his wife with him.

We had our happy hour and at 6, Bill lit the Weber Q to grill our sausages. 😊 I was having the last cob of corn and Bill was having the last of the macaroni salad. It was good, as our grilled sausages usually are, and filling. Today, we reached a warm high of 23C/73F with mostly sunny skies but those white fluffy clouds challenged us to put longer sleeves on as it is warrant to do at times. It was still a beautiful day in more ways than one.

Gibbs plays with his garden glove
at Happy Hour
He still hasn't got the hang of weeding!

We are enjoying the quiet pace of living and visiting with our friends.  We all enjoy some alone time, some guy time, some girl time and some together time and that makes it perfect. We said goodnight for the evening. Bill went to the Hangar and I finished my blog and read some of my book with the tv on in the background. This one is called Betrayal of Trust and it has captured my attention within the first 5 chapters.

My shopping focus today was puzzles
I found 3.
The books at 50¢ were a bonus at Robin's sale
Good night!

Thank you for the visit today. A weekend is upon us!

12 comments:

  1. I think I would be walking the corn field by the hour until I found it!!! Love the dog puzzle. You are so lucky to have nice thrift stores. Around here it's mostly junk. Gibbs is such a ham!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Bill is doing. Way too long to be in a corn field!

      Delete
  2. Bill should put a tracking beeper on his planes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy sent above comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame Bill hasn't been able to locate his plane yet. I do hope it shows up soon.
    Is the gate the project you and Bill worked on? I'm thinking I missed something.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Keep reading!
      Check out Bills blog at www.clembillpat.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. It looks like you got a great many good deals. Does anyone have enough reading material?

    Sorry Bill can't locate his plane yet, hopefully soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will the farmer find it when he collects the corn?
    Really nice gate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping to find it before then it it will end up in the farmers combine. Could do some harm.

      Delete