Sunday, August 27, 2023

Just Another Sunny Sunday, A Go-Go Day, Sister’s Special Birthday

The Ridge

On Sunday, Aug. 27th it was 6:15 when we all got up. We’ve both noticed how dark it still is lately at 6 o’clock. We’re not ready for that to happen yet! Bill hopped in the shower while Gibbs and I began sorting the dirty laundry. ๐Ÿ˜Š Bill had his cereal and then loaded the car. I had some yogourt and made my tea in a to-go mug. With the coolness of the morning, Bill turned the heat pump on to take the chill out of the Suite. 


Playing with colours 
on the sunrise

Ptooties, rearing to pull her 'cargo'.
she did good but ate up a fair bit of fuel.

Last night, Bill hooked up his cargo trailer to Ptooties so he could go flying this morning. Worked for me! 

Look at that sky!

We could see over-lying fog ahead

We drove to his flying field first, 35 minutes or so, then on the way home, I stopped at the Mat to clean and to wash the clothes. M had also asked if I would wash his comforters so I had picked them up yesterday afternoon. With 5 machines loaded, I cleaned.

Can you say fog?


Can you say old?

Bill is the first to arrive so unlocks and opens
the gates.

The field is peaceful, the grass is wet from dew

And I did as he asked and left him alone to
wait for his friends to arrive.
He's happy, he loves the hobby so much. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜


On the way home, I stopped to pick some little sunflowers


They were also wet, so I didn't venture too far into the field
but there are quite a few!



































There were a total of 6 (or 7) customers that came in while I was there but the last 2, just as I was leaving. I dried M’s comforters at the laundromat but semi-folded our stuff to bring home and hang. This was the perfect day, even though it was a cool 8C/48F to start. The sky was clear although we hit patches of heavy fog in spots and even worse when I came back. We have another 3 weeks before fall!

My helper, on security duty.

I hung the laundry and knew it would dry fairly quickly. Gibbs helped with that too, of course. I was feeling peckish around 11 so had some sour bread rye toast with one of my little tomatoes and at the last keto biscuit that was still in the fridge. Both were good and filled me up with a coffee alongside. ๐Ÿ˜Š At 10 to 1, I drove over to pick M up for a run into town and give him his clean blankets.

A new gladiola in bloom and another moonflower. ๐Ÿ’•

It didn’t take long in town and at 10 to 2, I called Bill to see if he was ready for us to pick him up. Little whimpering Gibbs came with me and by then, Bill was alone at the field and all packed up. He hooked on and Ptooties brought the cargo home. It is a heavy trailer so she uses up more fuel, I’ll need to fill it up again tomorrow. LOL 

Watching and waiting for Daddy to come inside.

Back home, I brought the clean clothes in off the line and had a tea. Gibbs had a cookie and we had a small snack until supper.

Seems like it's time for a stogie.

I snipped and placed the sunflowers in our vase.

Hey Buddy! Bill counted over 14 buds so I'm waiting
for the first one to POP! So worth the wait
every year.

This was a wonderful Sunday dinner.

It has been a really nice day, although I do feel a bit run off my feet! Movement is good, no complaints, as it means I am still able to do it. ๐Ÿ˜Š For supper, Bill grilled a pork chop for him and a kabob for me with a potato and veggie. I hope my sister, especially, has enjoyed her Sunday since it is her three-quarter century birthday. In the midst of the moving process, it has been very hectic for both her and John, with many challenges along the way. We were back up to 20C/68F today so quite lovely.

Happy Birthday, Gayle!
Good night y'all.

Thank you for stopping by today!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gayle!! You look fabulous.
    It sounds like a busy day, but it looked like a very good one!! Love Gibbs and the treat.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gayle!! And what a nice flying field! Laundry ... ugh! I could do without that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Gayle!
    Sounds like you had a very busy day. The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patsy, I love the sunflower vase, did you get it in the southwest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi judy. Yes, we bought the vase our 2nd year down in a tent in Quartzsite. :)

      Delete
  5. Your sister could easily pass for 60! Enjoy your blog! Long time reader, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Gayle! I keep forgetting to say that I LOVE the new header picture! Gibbs is so cute with his treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your sister.

    Looks like you had a pretty busy day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete